Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Berliet Logo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Berliet Logo Empty
PostSubject: Berliet Logo   Berliet Logo EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Mikey's 1910 Berliet Truck model encouraged me to do some research on Berliet. I discovered something interesting about their logo:
Berliet Logo Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnCaOpNSIGZvqOQJs9FZ1sUn66vvcGGwmB319pNf9zWHlbuj_k

It is a stylized representation of an earlier logo, which represents a steam locomotive:
Berliet Logo Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvB5NahGGUYDVmmnSI14QijbTcfUsJHESRvJ7AXs6GT3M22WV5aw&t=1

Not only is it a steam locomotive, but it is clearly an American steam locomotive. Apparently, it was adopted in honor of an agreement between Berliet and the American Locomotive Co (ALCO) in which ALCO purchased a license to build Berliet vehicles in the USA.

It evolved over the years,
Berliet Logo Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6GsgrY4EhhGXY8TnkhzQo3JIHd2zDAQreSzo44g3cCtrhV7jS Berliet Logo Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnISBLx6OnqmbuF_zNqLhRbcbSlX-JDrSGYXdqUYIqNGvWHh9V Berliet Logo Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPOKZ6UV7kTj42EWF5dBrBM_lbmEkNcNc_m59x5OazosLqFY6Hug

but somehow it stuck until the demise of Berliet.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Berliet Logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berliet Logo   Berliet Logo EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:47 pm

excellent research Bill! The research is the biggest part for me; its why i chose an historical line. I researched the history of Berliet; the connection between Peugeot, Citroen and Renault, but never gave a thought to the logo. Well done!

mikey
Back to top Go down

Berliet Logo
Page 1 of 1