Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is everyone ok in the UK?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Is everyone ok in the UK? Empty
PostSubject: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Is everyone ok in the UK? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 am

Been watching the news for the last couple days on the BBC website.

Some pretty scary images. I can't believe what I see, confrontation and openly challenging (seemingly few) Police, looting and arson on a scale unimaginable.

affraid

I hope everyone is all right and not directly affected by of it.

....and I hope it doesn't spread to the continent.

silent
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Is everyone ok in the UK? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 am

I have not seen the TV news yet but saw about the riots this morning on my online newspaper.
Very localised in London and probably not a lot different to the MarseillesParis extravaganzas. Inner city youths looking for free white goods. I guess the only difference between here and France is that in the UK the police stand and watch. I think that if a youth attacks an ambulance with a fire bomb I reckon he is fair game for any police response, but of course that does not happen for fear of imflamming the situation.

Anyway my garden railway is currently safe and I reckon will remain so.

Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Is everyone ok in the UK? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:06 pm

I`ve deleated my previous comments.

Don`t get me started. Evil or Very Mad

Is everyone ok in the UK? 833270 LEVEL TRACK HERE NO NEED FOR R/C Is everyone ok in the UK? 317793bouncebouncebouncebouncebouncebouncecheers
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Is everyone ok in the UK? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Rather than get involved in politics and I'm sure everyone has their own ideas on what should be done, I was just worried in case anyone has been involved.

I have friends and relatives living in some 'hotspots' and apart from seeing a lot of smoke in the air, helicopters and hearing sirens all night they are fine.

I was very saddened to see Reeves Corner in Croydon torched to the ground. This is (was) on part of the Tramlink route forming a very tight triangle with the line from Wimbledon.

I worked in Croydon town centre before moving here. Reeves survived 2 world wars and was synonymous with Croydon. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Is everyone ok in the UK? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I was born and raised in Tottenham and it was a great place to live. I was a Mod 'face' and we had the Royal dance hall, the Dave Clark five, and a good footie team! There was never any race trouble. I joined the Met in '67 and was moved 'sarf of the river';
The building that was fired was the old Co-op stores, terrible to see it gone! glad I've no family left in London now

mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Is everyone ok in the UK? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is everyone ok in the UK?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: