Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LGB Track in Spain?

Go down 
+3
pjti
Paulus
Parrish
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Parrish

LGB Track in Spain? Empty
PostSubject: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:25 am

Good Morning/Afternoon,
im new to the Forum as you can see.
I previously had a Garden Railway in the UK.
When i moved to Spain i left the track down in the Garden but i have brought all my locos and rolloing stock to Southern Spain (Granada).
The question is:
1) Does anybody know where i can get LGB track in Southern Spain?
Regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 am

Welcome Steve!

There must be a shop in Murcia: HobbyModelismo
According to their website they sell LGB. Although they only have 3 items in their online shop they are probably able to supply. They also sell PIKO H0 stuff, so PIKO G scale should be no problem to order either I guess.

There is also a (online)shop in Madrid that sells LGB and PIKO G scale: Rocafort

Paul

Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Good Afternoon Parrish, and welcome . I have been in the North for 3 years and still cannot find anything much online. There are a couple of shops I know in Madrid but prices seem to be pretty high over here. I generally order stuff to go to my mums then either bring it in a suitcase or wait until I Take the car over. One place you could try is Spanish Garden Railway this is run by SGR on this forum, if you contact him he may be able to help, he also has contact with GRS in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Parrish

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks for the info.
I think that if im going to have to get it posted to me i might as well order it from my UK supplier 'Scottish Garden Railways'
Steve
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Similar problem here Steve in south-west France. No local stockists. I have bought a couple of long lengths from ietb in Marseilles (good prices), but all my track ( apart from the recent generous donations) has been bought on fleabay; Postage has been cheaper as well

mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Even here in the 4th largest city in the US, LGB track is hard to find locally, and when it is found, it's waaaaay too expensive. Likewise for Pico, Aristocraft, and other gauge 1 rails. eBay is the reasonable alternative (especially if you can use R1 curves and 300mm straights). I've recently scored a box (12 pieces) of R2 curves for $75.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Hello Steve and welcome,

I have used IETB in Marseille but I have used a lot of 'Trainline' track, German made very similar to LGB but a bit cheaper and with R900mm radii that can be used outside LGB R2 (750mm) as double track plus the points to match.

IETB doesn't have much stock at all but has an agreement with suppliers for direct and very quick delivery.
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LGB Track in Spain?   LGB Track in Spain? Empty

Back to top Go down

LGB Track in Spain?
Page 1 of 1