Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives Empty
PostSubject: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:10 pm

I was sitting watching my speeder zip along and contemplating running my Roundhouse Sandy River etc. live steam loco but then decided I couldn't be arsed with all the faffing around. I was wondering if any one out there had any idea of the resale value of one of these things and what I would start at on ebay if it were to be disposed of?

Geoff
King of the chicken people
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:19 pm

I've seen it running Geoff and It's a super loco, one of Roundhouse best!

I suspect a little out of my budget though as they are in the upper 1000 new ???

Even though it's US outline, I'm sure someone on here will pick it up for a fair price!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:07 pm

As Brian says (I seem to be agreeing with you a lot recently Cool) this is arguably the finest Roundhouse locomotive ever produced.

It cost £2339.16 plus 15% VAT with R/C new.

There is usually a long waiting list for one of these and many regard them as collectors items.

I reckon that in pristine condition as yours is, it's value must be near the new price.

However in this economic climate I don't think people will pay that? It might not be viable selling to US because of shipping and exchange rates.
There are a couple for sale here without description at Sunset Valley RR but these are a lot less than above.

I'd hate to see it go for less than it's worth. It may just be worth storing it and waiting.

A lesser market would be in the UK but I really can't see anyone in France wanting it, except me. bounce

It would be a fantastic crowd puller at exhibitions trundling round with those mesmeric outside cranks and black and silver body. Oh and that whistle....

Alas £2000+ would just finish me off as a happily married person and Cilia would rightly be asking, "has our newly resident barn gnome found a job yet?"

I'm good with chickens though....plucking.... Wink
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Why not put it on Ebay and find out what people will offer. Obviously you could reserve at at 2k or whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:31 pm

I probably will shove it on ebay in the Autumn when I get back to UK
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 pm

GeoffW wrote:
I probably will shove it on ebay in the Autumn when I get back to UK

pale Crying or Very sad

Or I could 'look after' it for you for until after September. tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 pm

"Yeh right" as the teenagers say! It would come back looking like a tram shed thingy Wink
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Maybe you could as well set a price when you will be ready to sell it, for this forum and someone could buy it.

I cannot afford yet, maybe someone else could. If nobody can, there's still Ebay.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives   Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre enjoyed Live steam locomotives
Page 1 of 1