Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clive_t

Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings   Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Someone's very busy! Errm.... this Corsican train driver - I still need to know how high the seat is that he (she??) is sitting in! Is it for that green diesel at the top of the forum page?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings   Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Yes it is Clive.

Don't worry about the height of the seat because I haven't made one yet!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings   Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 pm

I found a pic showing that the couplings are not always under the centre buffer.

Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 CFD_AAB_1609Che61

Picture taken off the Railfan Europe site.
Collection Jean-Pierre Vergez-Larrouy
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings   Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:27 pm

I would publicly like to thank Carl for the fine pair of coupling hooks/chains that arrived today. Aint they small. Carl you must have known i already wear bifocals. They are a work of art (let me know how much I owe you) Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings   Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:45 pm

You don't owe me anything Mikey. They are like Clive's a demonstration set for you to copy.

Once you start making them they're not that bad to do.
But you have to be in the right mood, not after a row with the wife for instance.

Clive's now making me a 'Nuncio Grisoni' and I have made him a few more couplings.
Neither of us are going to make a living out of what we do but it's fun and everyone has their own talent, or skill, you included.

If you really want me to do some more then we can come to some arrangement but I don't like charging money.

I'm always impressed by La Poste here in France......Royal Mail (or whatever it's called now) take note.

Posted in Paris lunchtime Monday. Arrived 500+km away in less than 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings   Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice needed - Replacing LGB hook/loops with more realistic couplings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2