Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Class 25 Diesel

Go down 
+8
mikeyh
markbiff
Paul Stainz Holt
Carl Hibbs
Bearcastle
clive_t
pjti
Sparkeswood
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:49 pm

mikeyh wrote:
.... Excuse my ignorance but what is the beast poking its head out of the shed?

Mikey

U Trinighellu

See this....ABH
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:57 am

Ah yes I remember them now. Looking forward to seeing it complete. Thanks Carl

mikey
Back to top Go down
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Oscar discovered today that 15 goods wagons have a fair bit of mass.
It don't slow down very quickly before that nasty curve Very Happy

Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 Crash
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh no... all that hard work too. You must have been gutted! Is it easily repairable?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:16 pm

clive_t wrote:
Oh no... all that hard work too. You must have been gutted! Is it easily repairable?

He's about to find out Very Happy

Joking aside....apart from the leaping steam engine at the open day,crashes are quite rare here.
Thank goodness really due to the height of the line.
This fell 4 foot.
I think the damage was limited due to the weight exiting (well you can see Laughing )at the side.
Pretty lucky really .
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Lets hope Oscar doesn't lose heart as a a result. One good thing about balsa is that at least he should be able to glue it all back togther. Anyway, its not the height of the railway but the slope of the garden, and there is nowt you can do about that.

Can we have a few more piccies of the 'station' corner of the garden ? Its changed a lot since I saw it and looks a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 5:50 am

Sparkeswood wrote:

AAAAARGH!affraid

I just woke up and saw this. I'm going back to bed....It must be a bad dream.

I'm not sure that I can allow violent disturbing pictures on this forum. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Knotty Ash

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Sparkeswood wrote:

AAAAARGH!affraid

I just woke up and saw this. I'm going back to bed....It must be a bad dream.

I'm not sure that I can allow violent disturbing pictures on this forum. Shocked

Very sorry to see after all your work hope you can put it back again Les
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi sparkswood

This is a very nice model, shame about the crash....

I wonder if you wouldnt mind giving me the dimensions of the loco..length, width high etc in mm please.

I would also like to know what bogies they are if possible

Anton
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=599011689
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:49 am

I'll see if I get time tonight to give it a measure Anton.It's not a scale model though.
The bogies are Aristocraft.Again,I'll see if I can find a link tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:38 am

21 inches long and 4 inches wide.The bogies are 45 mm.Not sure if that's what you're after?
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 am

thank you very much for that..yes im trying to make one for 32mm so bogies would be no good....do you know any good but cheap sources of sm32 bogies?

And could you also give me the hight of your loco please?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am

I think if there was a cheap source of O gauge bogies it would have been discovered by now.
...unless of course anyone is hiding something. Cool

Have you tried (probably David has already) the 16mm modellers?

I used to model in 32mm gauge and they are very helpful and they may have some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mike B

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:13 pm

antonr91 wrote:
thank you very much for that..yes im trying to make one for 32mm so bogies would be no good....do you know any good but cheap sources of sm32 bogies?

And could you also give me the hight of your loco please?

The big question is, "What do YOU call cheap?" Everyone has his/her own limits on cashflow and therefore what they consider cheap or not. If I knew I may or may not be able to offer a suggestion or two.

Cheers

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikebrown.me
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Im starting to get the fact that these items arnt really cheap. Well i bought my diesel chassis from essel and it cost me £80. i thought that was ok....not amazingly expensive but not cheap either...Im only a student and although the parents fund alot of things Very Happy i still pay for things such as this. David has shown me that essel make bogies as well and they are £50 each. I call that slightly expensive as i need 2 and its only for my next live diesel which i am constructing at the moment out of wood.

Is that just what they cost and if so, i wouldnt care about trying to get some second hand ones...im not bothered...i just dont want to spend £100 on the wheels.....

Do you know where i could get a pair cheaper?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:39 pm

It is a bit of a challenge sourcing 'cheap' equipment.

The great thing is while you are looking you often find other very useful items but then end up spending more than you would have done in the first place. silent

BTW I hope your tuition fees haven't gone up x3.

Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:51 am

yes you are right....if you buy stuff and dont use it, its always there for another project or whatever...

About the tuition fees Carl...Luckily I am the last year that they wont go up...its those who are applying for the 2012 year that will get affected... Very Happy not that it really makes much difference as the course i am going to be studying is aviation with commercial pilot training which costs £52,000 by itself as well as many hidden costs and accommodation which makes the complete thing about £80,000 - £90,000 :'(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class 25 Diesel   Class 25 Diesel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Class 25 Diesel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2