Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum news, 3 weeks on.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum news, 3 weeks on. Empty
PostSubject: Forum news, 3 weeks on.   Forum news, 3 weeks on. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 8:22 am

Despite me originally creating the template back in February this forum is actively 3 weeks old today.

I'll let you decide yourself whether it is successful so far and as always I'm looking for feedback and input (without any adulation) to make it more enjoyable.

I would like some more pictures to use and change regularly as above and the portal page has a 'feature article'. It would be interesting to include some other people's work and ideas. If you feel like writing about 100 words to a good picture of your own with some other incidental pictures or video I would be happy to use it.

There is a facility here to have your own small personal gallery of stored pictures which others can view.

Without playing the numbers game the amount of members and posts is quite respectable and encouraging so far. The numbers of visits too is very high (only calculable in 'admin) at around 4000.

Just to remind you that the forum is viewable by everyone on the internet except for a few undesirables (spammers, trolls and known numpties) that I have recorded information about.
Only registered people can post and after 1 or 2 postings people can 'moderate' in that you can use the tools at the bottom of the page.

After a few 'bot visits' I notice that the forum is now searchable by Google -I expect I'll see googlable appearing in dictionaries soon. Neutral
If you type in 'Continental Garden Trains' or even 'Garden Trains' it should appear in the first page search.

Please take a look at the 'Events' section to find out more about RailExpo and the open weekend next year proposed by Geoff Watson.

Thank-you all for participating to the forum so far.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Forum news, 3 weeks on.   Forum news, 3 weeks on. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:18 am

Judging by the lack of response to the above post, everyone is having so much fun with there modelling. They think that this is an excellent forum so no comments are required.
SO THERE!!!.

I will attempt to sought out some pictures for you, but the 100 words!
Back to top Go down
markbiff

markbiff

PostSubject: Re: Forum news, 3 weeks on.   Forum news, 3 weeks on. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 pm

keep up the good work carl - there is defo a market for your forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bruce

bruce

PostSubject: Re: Forum news, 3 weeks on.   Forum news, 3 weeks on. EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:41 am

Carl, keep up the good work! I drop by from time to time but haven't added much as yet. My excuse is mainly that I haven't built or modified much lately to share, but this forum has already inspired me to go and track down a (French) viaduct that I saw many moons ago and always wanted to know more about... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hdlr.moonfruit.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum news, 3 weeks on.   Forum news, 3 weeks on. Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum news, 3 weeks on.
Page 1 of 1