Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trains and Boats and ...?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

Trains and Boats and ...? Empty
PostSubject: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Our intrepid owner of most of Demiel, Monsieur Benet has a new pastime. His 16 year old nephew, marcel Hanriot first flew this plane, designed by his father, on 4 June 1910 and Benet was quick to buy one;

Trains and Boats and ...? Demiel440

Trains and Boats and ...? Demiel439

The fusillage is an old chair leg. the wings are the lid of an epson printer, the tail just plastic, the skids some old 1/32 track, and the engine half a cork with bits of lollystick stuck in. Not a beautiful model but fine for the landing strip behind the chateau!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:29 pm

mikeyh wrote:

......The fusillage is an old chair leg. .......

Mikey

What else would do....? And you're left with a nice rocking chair in the bargain. Laughing

Modelling au Monet.

Impressive impressionism. Cool
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:07 am

Terrific!

I thought you were making that up, until I 'googled' it:

http://earlyaviators.com/ehanriot.htm

Edit: Of course there are numerous old postcards relating to this on Delcampe; I searched for 'hanriot avion' and found some superb ones!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am

Interesting link Clive. I hadnt seen that one. Fancy you thinking I was making it up! you should know me better study

Mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Needs a touch more vertical stabilizer, but otherwise one of the best pieces of flying furniture I've ever seen.

BTW, in case you're fancying mass production, I have two old Epson printers here.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Ideal for my next biplane!

mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:13 am

and here is the biplane, a two seater this time so Mr Benet can take his wife for a spin Smile

Trains and Boats and ...? Demiel443

Mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:51 am

Very nice. And yes, Hanriot went on to produce a number of successful combat aircraft designs in WWI.

Corks for rotary engines eh? I've suddenly decided I need 3 or 4 aircraft in my garden, I just need to go out and buy, then drink the contents of the cork-holders...
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:18 am

Is anyone in this section or any other, a model aircraft flyer? as I need a few questions answered.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=599011689
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Boats and ...?   Trains and Boats and ...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trains and Boats and ...?
Page 1 of 1