Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger Empty
PostSubject: Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger   Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:24 am

Hello again all

Well at the risk of driving everyone mad with yet-yet-yet-etc-etc-another figure, I seem to have settled on doing these as a means to pass the seemingly interminable winter we are enjoying.

For a bit of background I do have some pre-painted Preiser figures, as well as several corpses and limbs from various unpainted sets. I was looking at one of the pre-painted figures recently, the seated passenger with two holdalls:

Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger Punter_with_holdall_orig

All very nice, if a bit plain - to my eyes anyway; but, for the price I paid it would have been sacrilege to embark on disfiguring it in any way. It occured to me, however, that in my box of bodies I had the exact equivalent in the unpaited version of the seated passenger set. So to cut a long (and by now, I am sure, predictable) story short, I rearranged the pose a little:

Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger Punter_with_holdall_1

Nothing much done to this: just moved the large holdall so he is resting it on his lap; further protection is afforded by his other hand, which is now adorned with a wrist watch. I decided that two holdalls was something of an extravagance!

In painting it, I found that the facial features and general physique suggested a kind of 'Mr Cool' character, so some dark glasses and a gold neck chain were called for:

Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger Punter_with_holdall_2

The neck chain is a single strand of cross-stitch thread, painted gold. The glasses are fashioned from a single strand of thin copper wire, wound around a thin drill bit to form the lens frames - then dipped in black paint and cut to fit the face. In doing so, I then decided that in order to be ultra-cool, he needed to balance those shades on the top of his head! This led me to thinking that because his pose suggested he was looking up at something, I needed to give him eyes to see with to accentuate the 'looking up' pose:

Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger Punter_with_holdall_3

Roll on Spring!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger   Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:52 am

Were you perhaps a plastic surgeon in a previous life?

Another fine job. Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger 890686
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger   Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:41 am

Quote :
Well at the risk of driving everyone mad with yet-yet-yet-etc-etc-another figure

NEVER! Let them come!
Great looking figure with again a character of its own.
Thanks for sharing Clive.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger   Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:42 am

Another good figure for the collection Clive! Those eyes are 'spot on'!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger   Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Quick Figure... a seated passenger
Page 1 of 1