Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Empty
PostSubject: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:57 pm

I know you'll have all been wondering what I've been up to figure-wise of late - well perhaps not, but it's fair to say I have been suffering from withdrawal symptoms for not doing much with figures whilst major engineering works and working away during the week have eaten into my time.

Recently I was looking at a standing passenger figure, and wondering what I could do to it to make it a little different, but not take me ages to do it:

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Leaning_man1

On the face of it, not a lot! But then sometimes, it doesn't need a lot - maybe something as insignificant as a turn of the head one way or the other. Well, I looked at this figure, and decided that a mere 7 passes with a saw and a bit of filling and sanding (oh, and painting of course) would be all I needed to get something a little different. The same pic, with my intended cut marks:

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Leaning_man1b

So about 3 or 4 hours of work later (OK elapsed time was about 10 days, but that was only because I was working away in the week) I ended up with this:

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Leaning_man_finished
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 am

He's a cagey looking character Clive! Nice work.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Possibly good that it wasn’t a female profile to start with!!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Now there's a thought.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...
Page 1 of 1