Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Green Stuff' availability update for all you prospective sculptors!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

'Green Stuff' availability update for all you prospective sculptors! Empty
PostSubject: 'Green Stuff' availability update for all you prospective sculptors!   'Green Stuff' availability update for all you prospective sculptors! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Just been to HobbyCraft, where these days it seems they are selling Green Stuff through an outfit called GaleForce nine

100g of GS for £10. Way cheaper (gram for gram) than Games Workshops 6-inch ribbon for £5.

Another advantage is that the GF9 gear comes in 2 separate containers. There is a bit of an issue with the ribbon, in that over time where the two materials meet it starts to 'cure' so that when you cut off and mix a small amount, you can feel a small hard lump in there. That's the bit that has already cured. With the ribbon I always cut off and discard the bit at the join before mixing the remainder (if it's brand new it's not so much of a problem)

They also sell GF9's 'Grey Stuff' - similar to 'Green Stuff' - not sure what it's like, so I bought some and will have a little play around with it to see in what way it's different to the other things I've used. Watch this space, as they say!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

'Green Stuff' availability update for all you prospective sculptors!
Page 1 of 1