Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Automotrice à vapeur (new project)

Go down 
+7
Spule 4
David Grantham
dtsteam
KleineDicke
GWhizz
Carl Hibbs
Paulus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Made a roof on the passenger part.

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 Foto-vi

And placed a homecast buffer. I soldered a hook on it for a chain connection.

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 PICT0016-vi723
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am

I´ve been thinking about a railbus project for some time, but I hadn´t thought about using the old OO9 Eggerbahn one as a prototype! Smart idea!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:02 am

Spule 4 wrote:
Paulus wrote:
Thanks Garrett! I know that site, it has lots of beautifull little treasures on it. I had a H0e layout once, in my early twenties, so looooooong ago... Austrian themed. I had lots of trouble letting the engines run smoothly on that 9 mm track and espacially the turnouts. Its so small....
geek

The new models of Bemo and Roco run as smooth as anything, simply amazing! I bought one of these, it is among one of my favorite models in all scales I own:

http://www.reflektion.info/html/5430_190407_1_roco.html

Good luck on your project. It is a shame that LGB did not make that model also, as there was some duplication between Egger models and LGB. The one I wish LGB would make is guards/passenger car number V44 in this catalogue page:

[url=http://www.egger-bahn.de/images/faq-jouef-egger.jpg
http://www.egger-bahn.de/images/faq-jouef-egger.jpg[/quote[/url]]

I´m sure you´ve seen the Regner Mh6 Austrian articulated loco!
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Yes, and know enough to stay away from it!affraid
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Spule 4 wrote:
Yes, and know enough to stay away from it!affraid

Got one sitting downstairs ...
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Lucky, I would be forced to live in mine if I were to buy it! So I just keep the H0e one.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Going off Paul's excellent thread a bit.

There was this thread a while back about the Mh6

cgtrains-regner-mh6-399

I wonder if these people still have these models?
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Some update pictures.

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 Foto2-vi

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 Foto-vi729

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 Foto-vi283
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 pm

That's excellent...I shall look forward to seeing that run at an exhibition this year. Smile

Have you thought about the colour scheme yet?
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:53 pm

That is a truly superb model Paul!

You must be very satisfied?
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks!
It will get a blue and vanilla 2-tone color scheme just like the Eggerbahn 'protoype'.

I'm indeed pretty satisfied. The looks are great.

However, building it I know all errors and faults. I forced myself to work as precise as I could but somehow I manage to screw up little things. I also have some little alignment and measurement demons bugging me... For some mysterious reasons, parts that are just the same turn out to be different in the end and straight cuts become curved...
I measure twice, cut once... than cut it again because it still does not fit... Evil or Very Mad

Also, many testruns are required. Each time I make progress some new (or old) part is causing trouble, making it derail. It even got stuck in the tunnel once... Neutral

But than again, I try not to be too hard for myself. After all I'm building this all from a little sketch and a H0e model as guidance. No drawings, no CNC or laser cutted parts, no 3-D printing.
Just imagination, a hobby knive and a sheet of plastic Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:21 pm

That dining room table is really getting put to good use, I see. What a superb model. Hope to see it in person some day. Kind of puts my little railcar to shame.Sad
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 pm

You know the dining table is actually our family workshop Bill. From cake decoration, drawings and artworks to jigsaw puzzles and model trains. One of the things SWMBO does not allow however is spraying paint... And with -12 degrees Celcius outside I'm waiting for good weather to take the railcar outside for a paintjob.

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 166561
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

It's getting a bit warmer outside so last week I took it outside and sprayed the 'vanilla'. Today I sprayed the blue. Considering it is rattlecan spray the result is rather good. The blue was tricky and I had problems to get it to cover well. Underside is going to be painted black, the roof grey.

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 Foto1-vi

Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 IPicEd1-vi589
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Exquisite..... I love you
Back to top Go down
Tacbob

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Sadly I can't see the last pics. But what I saw so far looks really nice and interesting. Is it finished now?
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 pm

photos disappeared !!
Back to top Go down
Tacbob

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Yes, I only can see the rail zeppelin on page 2. Instead I see blue "?". On page one I was able to see the pics.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 am

Tacbob wrote:
Sadly I can't see the last pics. But what I saw so far looks really nice and interesting. Is it finished now?

Strange indeed the picture links does not seem to work anymore although I did not altered the pictures location.
Well, all the pictures (and more) can be foud here:
http://public.fotki.com/SmallGardenRailway/locomotives--railcars/automotrice--vapeur-/

No, it's not finnished unfortunatly. I wish it were but actually it is pretty much the same stage as last year. Both private and working life are uncertain at the moment and consuming al my energy and time Sad Not much hanging arround here for the same reason.
However, I'll try to finish it for the steamfestival last weekend in april and bring it with me.

Back to top Go down
Tacbob

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Thx Paul. It's indeed a beautiful and unusual loco. I really like it. And I really like your fantastic work.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks Lorenz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Excuse me, Paul, if I come back to an earlier question. You said that the round edged windows are cut using a dremel tool. Can you detail some more? I assume that the first step is doing the holes corresponding to the top corners, then cut tangentially to those holes with the Xacto cutter? But with which tool do you make the holes in the card ? Just a common drill or a round saw (I do not know the word in english; in french we say "bell shape saw")?

Do you think plasticard is easier to work with than plywood? What about its stiffness? Can you glue wood on plasticard?

Excuse me for so many question, but I am just starting in this activity and still wondering what materials to choose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automotrice à vapeur (new project)   Automotrice à vapeur (new project) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Automotrice à vapeur (new project)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2