Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's this French railcar?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

What's this French railcar? Empty
PostSubject: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 am

I found this picture on Flickr once and saved it hoping to find more info on it. I love this railcar and would love to try to scratchbuild a model of it but I have no clue what it is...
Does somebody know what it is?

What's this French railcar? Image13
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 am

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 am

Good find Paul.

This picture was taken at Noyelles on the CF Baie de la Somme.

This railcar still exists in the workshops at St Valery and is no. M31 built locally by the VFIL at Lumbres (between Boulogne and St Omer). They also built much of the metre gauge diesel equipment on the CFBS.

See:
http://www.cfbs.eu/collection/31-autorails/m-31-28-fr.html

You may be able to visit it if you ask beforehand. They are usually considerate with access.

There are also loads of pics on this site of similar railcars in Picardie:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/fr/private/historic/EFC/pix.html

Last edited by Carl Hibbs on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks! Very helpfull links! Even got me some simple drawings now cheers
I like the nickname mentioned on the CFBS site: Blub-blup. This reveals how the engine should have sound!
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Knowing what it is I'm able to Google for some more information. Like this great movie on Youtube. Unfortunatle no original sound (super 8 film), but I think i have to make a small smoke unit Wink

https://youtu.be/FsLIkOycL1M
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Paul- Should you make a visit to CFBS, I found them to be most accomodating. I simply asked (in my very best French Razz) and was allowed to wander through the shops at St. Valery and see/photograph all the equipment contained therein.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 pm

KleineDicke wrote:
Paul- Should you make a visit to CFBS, I found them to be most accomodating. I simply asked (in my very best French Razz) and was allowed to wander through the shops at St. Valery and see/photograph all the equipment contained therein.

Thanks for the advise Bill. Did you by any change made a picture of the railcar when you visited the shop?
BTW, when are you comming over to Europe again?
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:10 am

I don't recall any railcars in the shop when I visited. There was an interesting enclosed draisine in the shops. There were several railcars in the yards outside but unfortunately I neglected to photograph any of them.

My international travel for this year was a three day trip to Canada. I got the chance while up there to go to a Warplane Museum, where I saw one of only two airworthy AVRO Lancasters left in the world. They also had a Westland Lysander, also airworthy. Pretty neat stuff.

I thought I was going to be attending a meeting in September in Dusseldorf, but by boss "dis-invited" me. Too much work to do and we are still observing travel restrictions. Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's this French railcar?   What's this French railcar? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's this French railcar?
Page 1 of 1