Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fête de Vapeur CFBS

Go down 
+8
k&nwlr
philkelly
Paulus
KleineDicke
David Grantham
Sparkeswood
GWhizz
Carl Hibbs
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Heard from the CFBS today that we will be at St Valery sur Somme actually by the station on the angle between the short branch to port and the line off to Cayeux.

This is where they had a tent before. There will be electricity and food nearby plus trains galore going both ways and both sides.

There are some relatively cheap gites and chambre d'hôtes along the road to the port and I will contact them soonest to check availability. There are some nice restaurants too.

Brian, what are your intended plans? I will be going there Friday probably around midday to setup and obviously stay. Troy is coming Staurday.

Also has anyone got any really good high res pics of the portable layout at Railexpo without me in it please? The CFBS want some for publicity.

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 am

I would be available to help set up on the Friday, either travel up that morning or the day before by train, depending upon which suits you best in terms of collection from the appropriate station. I'll start looking at fares now we're getting nearer the three month booking window against the options you outlined earlier. In terms of accomodation I'll fit in with and pay my share of anything you care to organise!
I'll forward some pics of the Expo by email not sure if any will be good enough but you're welcome to use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks Brian.

I will have the day off work Friday 26th. So I can pick you up somewhere suitable either early- ish Friday morning or Thursday evening - I will be in Bernay anyway at around 6pm although it doesn't matter what time you arrive I'll collect you. Then stay here the night and we both go together. For the return you can stay here Sunday night with wine and pleasure or go straight home direct as you wish. I may have to work Monday though but we can arrange transport to stations no problem.

You can go also direct via the gare du nord to Noyelles and I will collect you from there.

I am waiting for written details and confirmation in the post before actually booking anything.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

You can go also direct via the gare du nord to Noyelles and I will collect you from there.

You could also take a train from Gare du Nord then transfer at Noyelles and take the CFBS to St Valery. Sweet!

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 Corpet14
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm seriously considering to join up if it is still possible. Depends a bit on how I can get it organized over here. I'll send you a PM soon Carl.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am

OK, it is final. cheers

I'm joining in too and my teenage daughter will accompany me during the weekend. She wants to meet the guys who have the same retarded hobby as her father.

We'll be staying in the Akena City Hotel in Friville le Treport Carl mentioned to me. Looking forward to meet Brian and Troy for the first time and Carl for the second time.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Great cheers
We'll have a party!

Are you going to bring some of your excellent rolling stock?

Anyone else coming?
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Would definitely have driven over for a week or so except that it is the "boys" annual golf week in Portugal. Shame they chose the same dates.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:57 am

Carl Hibbs wrote:

Anyone else coming?

Moi - staying Novotel Noyelles - see you Sat pm!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 am

I didn't know there was a Novotel in Noyelles!

The party's getting bigger. Look forward to seeing you Phil, as always. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 am

The official programme is now available on-line:

Programme Officiel
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I didn't know there was a Novotel in Noyelles!

The party's getting bigger. Look forward to seeing you Phil, as always. Very Happy

Well Dorothy says there is. I just drive - she books the hotels
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:39 pm

Phil, might be worth checking that you are not staying at Noyelles sous Lens. Its a good way from the BDS.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:44 pm

David Grantham wrote:
Phil, might be worth checking that you are not staying at Noyelles sous Lens. Its a good way from the BDS.

Oh, David - thank you so much! you were dead right. Now rebooked in Camping Le Walric at St Valery- only a caravan, but it's only one night. Plans for Saturday dinner, all of you?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:29 am

Just 4 weeks to go.... bounce

At the moment we shall be in a tent/marquee at St Valery ville station. I shall be visiting next Saturday (as I am now a member) and will let you know more information.

I see they have completely renewed the dual gauge branch to the port with a new station, turntable and sidings.

As I keep saying this is one of the most notable events in the World railway calendar anywhere. If you can get there then it will be well worth it.

The next one if held will be in 2016.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:38 am

Its the only turntable I have seen where passengers can stand on it and get turned with the locomotive, though elf and safety may have arrived since my visit.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am

philkelly wrote:
Plans for Saturday dinner, all of you?

Carl, If you have the chance, it might be worth booking a table for Saturday night in a local restaurant when you're there next weekend? As you say it is a very popular and busy event! Is it just you Phil? or will Dorothy be along too? How many in the Troy party? Paulus? Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:21 pm

Yes Brian that's a sensible idea. From past exeperience it will be exceptionally busy Saturday night and it may even be wise to go out of Saint valery altogether to have better service.

There is talk of a big barbecue at Saint Valery organised where we are located.
Plus too the KESR will be operating there and the Dutch Steam museum.

I will have a look round next Saturday and see and ask what possibibilities and alternatives there are.

A Marmite baguette will do for me! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 pm

I'll happily supply the Marmite if you'll supply some very nice french bread Very Happy
Elliot has shown a fleeting interest to come (was a double room was reserved?)
but I think it depends on Paulus and his teenage daughter Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Troy, I booked a twin room for you not a double..... Is that a good thing or not?

If you (or Elliot.....I love you ) want the double I'll swap.

Yes please for the Marmite as I'm on emergency supplies now.

Back to top Go down
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 pm

I'll bring some supplies ,no problem.
I was only kidding.Elliot might come out with me or not,not sure yet.
Is a twin room a room with 2 beds.If it's that it's good.Not a problem if not.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Yes, the twin has two (single) beds.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 am

Great idea!
Yes we'll be happy to join the dinner as well!! A reservation for three please (myself, my daughter and most likely my wife or my daughters best friend).

A different question: would it be wise to order the weekendtickets for the festival in advance online?

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Paul,

Yes, I would buy the tickets in advance. It will save queueing on the day.

It's a table for eight then at the moment.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Dorothy and I definitely would like to join a Saturday evening dinner....
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm

I already had you two included Phil. Wink

Do you mind (if necessary) not actually eating in Saint Valery. If the weather is fine as Brian said it may be pretty busy and the service consequently poor.

This may unfortunately involve some driving but I think the caravan park is a fair way from the town anyway.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fête de Vapeur CFBS
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next