Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:24 pm

No trains running here today despite another gorgeous afternoon. Just clearing up after yesterday's activities and then invited to neighbours garden for 'appero'......Champagne and homade snacks. That's the nice thing about France and balmy afternoons, very sociable. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Week of caravanning in Ripon and Leyburn for me, only bright spot was a couple of Diesels on the Wensleydale railway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:18 pm

NYMR for me ... mainly steam but one day they let one of the Rats loose. To hear this pulling 8 coaches up the 1 in 49 into Goathland (from Grosmont) had to be heard to be believed. Pic features Metro-Camm Class 101 and D7628 at Goathland Station (Wednesday 15th April 2009 around 13:00 hrs). Goathland Station is also used as Ashfordly Station in the Heartbeat series and was also used in the first Harry Potter film. Alight here to see Aidensfield locations used in the Heartbeat series.

Very Happy

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 DieselNYMR600

Last edited by MzB on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Not quite the perfect framed shot .... time lag on the shutter means I have to press shutter in advance guess mode .... I need to get a more up to date camera. This is Levisham Station (Friday 17th April 2009 @ 11:20 hrs), just north of Pickering with GW Prarie Tank No.6619 and Black 5 No.45212.

Smile

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 LevishamApril2009600

Last edited by MzB on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Great pictures. Makes me a bit 'homesick' actually...If I could turn the clock back a few decades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 am

Yep, I'm sick of Britain as well Wink

Another pic .... D7628, 6619 and 75029 at Grosmont Station (Wednesday 15th April 2009 - 14:25 hrs) .... This location is also used as Ashfordly Station in the Heartbeat TV series. 6619 has just been given the right of way, but its signal is obscured by the smoke blast as it leaves.

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 GrosmontallChange600

Last edited by MzB on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:33 am

thanks for these pics Andy. My mothers side of the family come from yorkshire and i had an aunt who lived at goathland, I used to trainspot at the station before NYMR existed. Once they started filming 'Heartbeat' Goathland was given a wide berth!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:46 am

I have to say that whilst Heartbeat has given the area an extra tourism boost, IMO Goathland has been spoilt. The village shops are now selling practically all Heartbeat memorabilia and hardly anything that the locals really need. The garage looks like a rock shop on the sea front and has a load of rusty 60's vehicles parked outside that have never seen an MOT in 30 years. That wouldn't be allowed in a National Park anywhere else.

Neutral

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 AidensfieldGarage600
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:56 am

Heartbeat has now been axed but there are 9 more episodes to film of the final series. These will be filmed next month (May 2009), so if you fancy being an extra face ..... The village shops fear that their merchandise trade will disappear but no doubt that re-runs will keep them going a good few years yet.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 am

Blimey...shows how long I've been away or just sadly out of touch.
I didn't even know 'Heartbeat' was filmed there and then I thought 'Heartbeat' was a doctor's or hospital series....and filmed in Birmingham.
Maybe I'm getting mixed up with 'Crossroads'. Is that still going?

Shocked

I never did watch a lot of tele anyway. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Nah ... "Crossroads" finished in 1988 (although it was revived in 2001 before choking to death about a year later). The hospital series you may be thinking of is "The Royal" which is a spin-off of "Heartbeat" but filmed in Scarborough. I wouldn't for one minute assume you were thinking of "Emergency Ward 10".

No
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:28 pm

MzB wrote:
..... I wouldn't for one minute assume you were thinking of "Emergency Ward 10".

No

Yes, that's the one, thanks. cheers

I can hear that theme tune now.

Wasn't Hattie Jacques in a few episodes? Razz
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:44 pm

that was 'Carry on doctor' Laughing No

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2