Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A diary of Tramway Demiel

Go down 
+16
Clarkmeggs
tram47
KleineDicke
philkelly
fm12
pjti
Bearcastle
GWhizz
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
French Chuffed
micheline
markbiff
Admin
clive_t
mikeyh
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Spooky. affraid
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Don't forget (only) for Toussaint you will have to fill it full with miniature flowers for a few days.
Wink
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Now how do you make miniature chrysanthemums?

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Mikey

This site might give you some inspiration:

http://www.homesinminiature.co.uk/epages/62029456.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=DetailSearchProducts&ObjectID=292562&PagerSize=5&Search=SF-AllStrings&SearchString=flowers

Seems to be a useful site for 1:24 scale accessories generally!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 pm

That's an excellent site Clive. And in my view reasonable prices. Resin figures for £2.50. Shocked
I'm going to buy the 'Tudor' house (which looks very Norman) for my daughter...of course it's about the right size to go with the trains.... Cool

I thought of these for you Mikey but it looks like you've been buyng already as they're out of stock.

For Mikey Wink
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:38 pm

If only they'd had them in peach Carl. It's much more my colour!

Michelle
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:55 pm

A few shots of this evenings running. taken at 8.10pm;

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel2001-1

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel2003-1

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel2004-1

Mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:38 am

Its been a busy morning at Demiel with three trains running. Picture taken just before we were 'attacked' by a massive storm with hailstones (in August?);

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel462

mikey

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:18 pm

It is quite amazing what you have achieved with this in so short a time. It isn't only a garden railway more a complete miniature village and community.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks Martin. With only working mainly weekend evenings i have to have something to fill my day, whilst my wife is painting,cutting the wood,mowing nearly 6,000 sq.mts of grass, and feeding the donkey and chickens!

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Saddletank wrote:
It is quite amazing what you have achieved with this in so short a time. It isn't only a garden railway more a complete miniature village and community.

Yes its really a model village with a railway.

A Miniature Bekonscot
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey it's looking soooooooooo good. Sad
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Monsieur Benet, the local entrepreneur and owner of the papermill, has very kindly donated a corner of his estate to the commune to be used as a 'champ de foire ' (fairground). It will be used for fetes and shows etc. The travellers are arriving and erecting their rides as we speak;

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel256

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel258-1

Many more attractions are planned and he has also agreed to provide a halt on his private siding for the villagers, even though the tramway already passes within a few yards of the site. (I am slowly cracking up arent I ? Wink

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:55 pm

mikeyh wrote:

Many more attractions are planned and he has also agreed to provide a halt on his private siding for the villagers, even though the tramway already passes within a few yards of the site. (I am slowly cracking up arent I ? Wink

Mikey

Why should he walk when he can go by tramway…… I can’t see any cracks………
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm

What's the base Mike?

Some kind of "dalle" ?

Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Its the base of my old computor monitor with a 3v motor glued underneath (in real life any riders would be violently sick because of the speed at which it turns!). The top is a flowerpot tray with a plastic 'cone'on it.
the swingboats are made from the arms of a garden parasol.
great fun to make because suprisingly little has changed (apart from the technology) over the years.

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:37 am

Another very interesting diorama Mikey. How about a tram line going under the champ de foire?:

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Champ_de_foire_1b

I did of course do my usual trawling of a well-known site for cartes postales anciens, to see what sort of 'rides' might have been around back then. It seems though from the many pictures available, that most of the time these places (which every town/village seemed to have back then) were livestock/produce markets. Thinking about it, that kind of makes sense - given that they would have very likely have been 'travelling fairs' (very much like they still are to this day in the UK), it would be a bit of an extravagance setting aside a parcel of land solely for that. Unless your town/village has a wealthy benefactor of course!
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:07 am

I found this wonderful old postcard by searching for 'tour de manège' (= fairground ride):

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Tour_de_manege

If you search just for the word 'manège', then you get even more - some really great ones in amongst them! Cool
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 am

Nice find Clive. i did my search (same site) under 'Fetes Foraine' (funfair). I didnt know that the first commercial ride was as early as 1724!
As I said , the technology may have changed, but the rides and the artwork on them has changed little over the years. Every commune in France has its fete with a few (or many) rides. Then the agricultural shows have them so i thought it would be another thing to look at on the railway (particularly when its all motorised!)

mikey
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Must be worth at least 40c (the seats on the roundabout or am I way off ?)
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Spot on Patrick! no change there! I had to add some weight somehow.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Now all you need is a bearded woman and a jungle boy to complete your carnival.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Watch this space Bill. The freak show is underway. As a matter of fact all my homemade figures look like freaks!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:59 am

Its been a bit quiet in Demiel for a couple of weeks but the fairground has just a couple more stalls to arrive and some people!

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel261-1

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Demiel263-1

Mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Probably not the best place to post this but it will let people know whats happening!
I find myself at a crossroads with this hobby. Tramway Demiel is virtually complete and does everything I want it to do. I have no interest in just acquiring extra stock for the sake of it. I have no interest in live steam , the buzz I get from watching it go round and round does not justify the cost by any means. I have no interest in what somebody else has bought, although i do enjoy seeing peoples lines progressing and growing. I will carry on reading posts that are of interest but for the time being will not be posting any more re Demiel. My PC is old and was filling up with pictures plus i can only post so many different views of trains on the tracks!! Take care everybody

Mike
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Sorry to hear that you are stepping back from your prolific posting Mike.

It has been an interesting and inspiring thread to follow, we all have a different slant on our hobby and the construction, development is possibly one of the most interesting parts. Perhaps you should have passed yourself better; you always did do things at twice the speed of light.

Now me I have years to go yet……

Keep in touch and your comments will always be welcome on my railway even if the railways are totally different in concept and execution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

A diary of Tramway Demiel
Page 19 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next