Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Empty
PostSubject: Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays)   Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Today the weather was really good. As we were on the CFG lands as a guest, we decided to do some work on the CFG tracks and to deliver some pipes and cables.

Here few pictures of our work today.

New cables and pipes delivery, we could see that some new ballast has been had recently and some work has been done on the side of the track. The CFG tracks are well kept by it's owner.

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Img_0010

At the station, some pipes has been deliver for some new drainaged.

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Img_0011

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Img_0012

We were awaiting another delivery, when we had a call. Our next train had an accident in the deapest forest of the CFG land. We just received the first pictures of the accident. (real accident)

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Img_0013

We decided to divert a cargo train to send a crane for the rescue

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Img_0014

The cargo train waited at the station until the line was cleared.

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Img_0015

This delayed the delivery of paint and final equipment for the CFG Engineering & Co, who decided to do a test run of it's new "draisine" without it. But that's another story.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays)   Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 5:09 pm

This is what happens when you have people with extra large rolling stock and no railway to run it on......yet Laughing

Those LGB transporter wagons are really huge and just shows how tight my curves are. Embarassed

I think that Playmobil diesel and the DB cargo wagon are in for some future bashing.

We should try and go for a photo visit at the TSO depot (if they'll let us) in Chelles.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays)   Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:31 pm

I learn something about that, for my future tracks I will use the longest wagon to cut the edge at the right size. Might be good as well if one day i have on of those very long steam locomotive.

Here for our case it was not the tree, but a stone at the corner of the forrest. Anyway the train was as well going to fast in the curve.

Maybe the driver didn't see the speed limits for this curve sunny too much sun Very Happy

Last edited by Bearcastle on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays)   Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Nice pics there - hey Carl, it wasn't "Nuncio Grissoni" doing the driving was it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays)   Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays) Empty

Back to top Go down

Work train on a bank holliday (when the commuters are on hollidays)
Page 1 of 1