Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) Empty
PostSubject: Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock)   Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:55 am

I am selling on behalf of John Bosley's widow the following items - see link below (John was a member of G Scale Mad and sadly passed away a while ago).

Later in the year I will be selling the track, controls, loco's and stock from John's railway. These few items are those that I brought back with me from Cyprus where I visited Anne (John's widow) and his railway.

All items are + P&P, obviously postage is reduced if purchasing multiple items. Please PM / Email if you wish to purchase any of these items.

Thanks for looking

Cheers - Ian_S

Items for Sale

Pictures below from John's railway

Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) Ec11re2

Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) Post-128-1239131542

Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) Post-128-1239131402
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock)   Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:39 am

While I appreciate the sentiment in helping out a widow I am sure you will find someone to buy them, good luck.

Last edited by GeoffW on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock)   Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 10:39 am

That's a fine activity that you are doing Ian.
He had a fantastic layout in Cyprus and at one time he invited me over there, unfortunately I never took up his kind offer.

The death of a model collector is a pretty difficult subject and more so in this hobby what does the surviving family really want to do with the material and all of it's associated and installed equipment.

I talked about this with my wife and she said rashly that she would keep it all but I would prefer her to dismantle the railway and sell it.

In the wake of recent events I am currently catalogging all my stuff so that it'll be easier for her or someone else to dispose of. pale

I would say on this forum that if anyone did pass away I would be humbly prepared to do as Ian and help the surviving family deal with train related matters.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock)   Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:28 pm

I must say as Carl, it is a great (if not difficult) thing you are doing Ian.
I already have a stock list with prices I paid, more for interest’s sake than anything else but it would no doubt be useful for other eventualities. Mind you it has double protection passwords, as while I am alive the prices are regarded as top secret.
NO freedom of information act here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock)   Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock) Empty

Back to top Go down

Some bits and pieces for sale (not trains or rolling stock)
Page 1 of 1