Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JUAN

Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB Empty
PostSubject: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi, Juan Antonio Rodriguez, of Seville (Spain); is my first speech in this forum. First of all, I must say that I am totally new to the issue of scale G. I purchased an LGB locomotive 20 471 (steam rack), and by now I would put in a glass case for display, but that works (sound, lights, forward and back,...) I've seen on the web that there are devices (rolling road )...¿ anyone can recommend any type or model? How do you connect the electricity? For this locomotive does the rolling road should be isolated or normal? Where I can find a transformer for this locomotive? Must it be LGB or may be otherwise? How I can make you sound? Pardon the type of questions, but I am new to the subject.
I hope your answers and give you a thousand thanks in advance.
Carefully
JOHN A. RODRIGUEZ
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:20 am

Ola Juan.

I am in Galizano Cantabria. I suggest Aristocraft A11905 for rolling road, Aristo A11905

It is possible to make your own relatively cheaply, but buying is easier.

They are insulated and sit on a short piece of track. The loco sits on the rollers, for a display you might want to hide all this as it sits pretty high. Is the loco fitted with DCC decoder for sound or just "normal" ? This would affect the method of control. If it is normal (DC) you do not really need an LGB controller, for a display I would think any railway controller will be ok as you only want to run at slow speed.

Edit : a video on utube Rolling Road

Hasta Luego

Patrick
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am

Welcome John.

Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB 49893

I have the same as Patrick and can confirm that they are very robust and easy to use but they are quite high and narrow and a large heavy locomotive maybe unstable at high speed.
They are functional rather than elegant.

Back to top Go down
JUAN

PostSubject: rolling road models   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Welcome John.

Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB 49893

I have the same as Patrick and can confirm that they are very robust and easy to use but they are quite high and narrow and a large heavy locomotive maybe unstable at high speed.
They are functional rather than elegant.

hello, thanks for your answer ... aristo is better than ...
hola...http://cgi.ebay.es/G1LS-Rolling-Road-Gauge-1-45mm-G-Scale-Live-Steam-/220744826502?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item33656abe86
???
please, please reccomend you to me the best for my engine. Thank you very much for your dedication.
Greetings
Juan

Back to top Go down
JUAN

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:20 pm

pjti wrote:
Ola Juan.

I am in Galizano Cantabria. I suggest Aristocraft A11905 for rolling road, Aristo A11905

It is possible to make your own relatively cheaply, but buying is easier.

They are insulated and sit on a short piece of track. The loco sits on the rollers, for a display you might want to hide all this as it sits pretty high. Is the loco fitted with DCC decoder for sound or just "normal" ? This would affect the method of control. If it is normal (DC) you do not really need an LGB controller, for a display I would think any railway controller will be ok as you only want to run at slow speed.

Edit : a video on utube Rolling Road

Hasta Luego

Patrick
Hola Patrick...I know what is "quote"...thanks
Juan
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:38 pm

Hola Juan

The "link" you pasted is for -solo una unidad - for one peice only , you will need 3 - tres
Rollers

I could not understand from your Private Message, do you have a DCC decoder fitted to the loco ? If you have DCC you will need a totally different control system.

Something like this possibly although many will tell you to buy LGB/Massoth.Roc Multimaus

I use this to run my small locos
Back to top Go down
JUAN

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:23 am

pjti wrote:
Hola Juan

The "link" you pasted is for -solo una unidad - for one peice only , you will need 3 - tres
Rollers

I could not understand from your Private Message, do you have a DCC decoder fitted to the loco ? If you have DCC you will need a totally different control system.

Something like this possibly although many will tell you to buy LGB/Massoth.Roc Multimaus

I use this to run my small locos
Hi Patrick, thanks for your prompt response. True, the roller of Ebay that I sent it by number, and the Aristo-Craft brings 4 units, which I think is going to buy ... where there is a good price?
On the other hand, Patrick, my engine is still to come. I bought on Ebay a few days ago ... I pass the link to see it ... and I do not have decoder, but has a direct interface to install a decoder ... I think I would like the locomotive on the show case rolled forward and backward at different speeds, and to make sound (his own, even if you install what you recommend me ...)... my garden railway project in the medium term is still the is a link to my purchase ... and see what you think ... and see if you can see what is missing ....
http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120687724921&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Thanks again Patrick
Greetings from Dos Hermanas, Sevilla
JUAN A. RODRIGUEZ
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 am

mmmmmm Nice looking locomotive.

I think that Brian - GWHIZZ - (on this forum) would have more knowledge of the Massoth system and can suggest the best equipment if you want the best available (DCC)

But I really wonder if you NEED to do all that for what will be display model after all.

I am including a link here G Scale Central you may wish to post some questions there also.

Unfortunately I do not have much knowledge of LGB or Massoth

But I really wonder if you NEED to do all that for what will be display model after all.

I am sure that there are many options to be explored

re Rollers, the cheapest place I found was on the link I sent - but again for a display case I think they could be a bit ugly and would need camauflage. They are well made but very chunky.
Smile
I have noted that Large Scale items are very expensive in Spain and also difficult to obtain, do you have a favourite shop here ? I generally order from the UK and bring back in my car or hand luggage.

Patrick
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Juan, I have been recommended the Massoth rollers (8101200) there are only two (2) in a set but this should be ok Conrad - Massoth Rollers This price seems very good when compared to the ebay price.

It has also been suggested that a Massoth " emotion s" sound module MIGHT be suitable as it will work on DC and takes power from the track. Personally I think that sound can be a bit irritating after a while - do you really want it ? Listen here Rack engine sound
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:13 pm

www.ebay.es = E bay Espana... another place to look and learn Spanish. Laughing

Nice looking engine. Have you started your railway Juan?
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:04 am

Welcome Juan

I am so pleased you joined the forum after contacting me through my web site.

Even if your loco was Decoder fitted, you do NOT need a DCC controller to run any LGB Loco.

They will ALL run on analogue and provide basic lights and sound if fitted!

As it is stationary even a 12 volt controller of 1amp or more would be sufficient as you probably want to turn the wheels slowly so you can see the motion.

I have no experience with rolling roads but for show purposes it is possible with the aid of some small blocks to raise the loco from the tracks and power the loco through some small hidden wires to the pick up skates

Please keep asking questions and tell us about your railway as it develops.

Best wishes Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am

Brilliant idea Brian, no real need for rollers. Just need to make sure the rack gear doesn't foul. This is especially good for a display, just needs a couple of mm to clear the track. It would look a whole lot better that way, would need to put in some sort of restraint just in case it took off though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB   Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB Empty

Back to top Go down

Rolling road on showcase for loco LGB
Page 1 of 1