Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today on the CFHC

Go down 
+15
KleineDicke
Mike B
tram47
philkelly
mike
pjti
Bearcastle
Admin
French Chuffed
fm12
Paul Stainz Holt
clive_t
Carl Hibbs
mikeyh
GWhizz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
GWhizz

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Like most folks I guess? I've been forced inside by the snow, so not much to report of late! Also the railway has suffered a mole invasion with earth mounds cascading soil alongside the tracks.

Forced into the workshop idle hands begat a strange creation - the "Stramasaine" the unholy marriage of two Stainz cabs and a Playmo motor block. It has an LGB loop one end and Chopper coupling the other to mate with my other rolling stock! ...........

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Stram_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm

I like that Brian. Is it a total scratchbuild? I cant see the joint!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:27 pm

mikeyh wrote:
I like that Brian. Is it a total scratchbuild? I cant see the joint!!

mikey

No it's not a scratchbuild. amazing what you can do with a bit of epoxy resin, car filler and (ahem) "Photoshop" Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:31 pm

I've seen something similar for real. A 'bicabine', There was an 030 Blanc Misseron on the CFV but I'm sure there's an 020 somewhere too. Maybe something Dutch...

Very interesting. Looks like it was meant to be.

As Mikey says seamless stainz.

...or should that be steamless...Laughing
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I've seen something similar for real. A 'bicabine', There was an 030 Blanc Misseron on the CFV

You mean this one:
Image hosted by servimg.com

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Very interesting. Looks like it was meant to be.
Seems to me I recall seeing another "Bicabine Stainz" model a while back. It is a very convincing conversion. Just don't tell Paul Holt about it.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Seam or no seam, that "Stramasaine" is some awesome odd and funny looking locomotive. Great work!
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 am

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Montal10

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Montal11
à l'expo de Montélimar .
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 am

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Montal10

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Montal11
à l'expo de Montélimar .
Back to top Go down
Mike B

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Nice, strange looking loki.
But why ?
Does it have dual controls at both ends ?
Or does Health & Safety require that the person cleaning the smokebox has to be protected from the elements! Today on the CFHC - Page 12 509698
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikebrown.me
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Quote :
But why ?
Does it have dual controls at both ends ?

Actually it's for the same reason most modern locomotives have 2 cabs; you don't have to turn it at a turntable and you have always better vision to the backside of the cab than you have over the whole kettle. Most bicabines had dual controls.

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:18 pm

There is a great article on building a G scale Bicabine on: Lasergang
It's in German but the pictures tell enough!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Very little activity on the CFHC this week as have been battling the moles!

Just before I bought an (expensive 70 euro) explosive mole killer kit from Charente Coop a friend told me about using petrol!

So I've had a fun week exposing the little b****ers holes, pouring in high octane fuel and enjoying the ensuing bangs and pops of earth when you ignite it. (apologies to any animal lovers out there) but very effective and great fun!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Petrol sounds a bit drastic but effective. Do you think it would work on rabbits?

Now that would upset animal rights.

Seriously we are infested and the tunnel systems they create are incredible and dangerous. I've tried a number of passive means so I might give the explosive solution a go. bom
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:21 pm

I only know that it works with moles, they are surprisingly pressure sensitive - apparently if you can catch them under a mole hill when digging a single stamp of the foot will kill them! Our French neighbours have been seen using this method but it takes a lot of patience and I suspect Pastis to perfect.

As for Rabbits, four years ago we were told there were no rabbits in the area, but this year an invasion. The best solution is a friendly neighour with a gun and thay also taste delicious!

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:50 pm

I've been holding back , but now to introduce my new Avatar - Copper.

The donkeys have been rehomed locally and Copper an 18 year old Irish Draft cross Thoroughbred gelding has joined us for me to ride.

Sebastian our last donkey left today .....

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Seb_110
Here he is meeting his new chums

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Reunit10
And reunited with Belle.

Copper despite this pic is a really safe ride, so Carl - No excuses for not visiting with your daughter now!
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:55 pm

GWhizz wrote:
Very little activity on the CFHC this week as have been battling the moles!

Just before I bought an (expensive 70 euro) explosive mole killer kit from Charente Coop a friend told me about using petrol!

So I've had a fun week exposing the little b****ers holes, pouring in high octane fuel and enjoying the ensuing bangs and pops of earth when you ignite it. (apologies to any animal lovers out there) but very effective and great fun!
Pictures, please! A video or two would also be nice.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Now you've done it Brian....

Two fold.....My nearly 10 year old daughter quote:

"If he didn't want the donkeys why didn't he give them to us?.......and when can I go to ride his horse?" Shocked
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:46 pm

KleineDicke wrote:
Pictures, please! A video or two would also be nice.

Regretably my skills do not extend to video, my video camera can't communicate with Sony Picture Package despite many attempts. I have hours of Garden Railway video but not the ability to upload.

The iLink socket on my camera is broken and it would cost more to repair than a new HD camera so I await the day! Father Xmas?
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Now you've done it Brian....

Two fold.....My nearly 10 year old daughter quote:

"If he didn't want the donkeys why didn't he give them to us?.......and when can I go to ride his horse?" Shocked

The donkeys are still local and can be viewed anytime along with a beautiful herd of 7 others - just get down here lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I'd have to bring a horse box with me as I'd (she'd) never leave without the donkeys.

We'll get down one day...we keep talking about it especially as the MIL has now bought a (secondary) house in Vienne.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I'd have to bring a horse box with me as I'd (she'd) never leave without the donkeys.

We'll get down one day...we keep talking about it especially as the MIL has now bought a (secondary) house in Vienne.

The Vienne eh!

So you will be within a stones throw of myself, Van, Phil and Mikey cheers

Roll on next spring!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Well the good thing could be that I drop off the wife at the MIL in 'St Jean je ne sais pas ou exactement' and I could come and run some trains while little'un (or should that be little'une) can ride horses.... cheers

She has 'gallop 3' now... which is sort of 'elementary'.

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:44 pm

To all forum members and Garden Rail Enthusiasts everywhere

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Xmas_c10

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:22 pm

A Boxing Day interlude, airing the horses and trimming the Garden Railway grass at the same time....

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Img_9910

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Img_9911

Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Img_9912
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Well they always said that LGB track was Elephant proof, it looks as though it may be horse proof as well.
It looks like your snow is clearing.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Clever! Although I would be afraid a bit that one of those horses could step on the viaduct or drop some say 'fertilizer' on spots you did not want... But luckily they have a good companion keeping an eye on them I see!
What are the lawnmowers names?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today on the CFHC   Today on the CFHC - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today on the CFHC
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next