Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

With a few good men

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

With a few good men Empty
PostSubject: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 pm

I have made little or no progress on the railway recently due to bloody arthritis and bloody bad back and bloody visitors (of the useless variety). Are there one or two able bodied kindly souls out there who would volunteer for a working party for a couple of man days in September. I am hoping complete the shifting of several tons of stone and rubble for an extention. If you could help out please drop me a PM.

thanks

G sunny

Last edited by GeoffW on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Sorry Geoff I would genuinely love to help but it's back to work (yes that thing) for me - La rentrée.
If by chance I get any course/lesson cancellations I'll be down.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Happy to help, PM sent !
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

Thank you very much Brian, your offer of help was much appreciated, I owe you a favour. I think it is too much for two of us to tackle so I will kick this extension into touch for the time being, maybe have a go at it in the Spring.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 am

I#ll be happy to come and help next spring Geoff. Since my mothers fall 5 weeks ago I am more or less stuck because I have to lift her in and out of bed. when i'm gigging she just stays in bed!! Getting better though.

mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:05 am

Well if things are getting better for Mike in the spring, it would be great if we could up together as a small working party, share the travelling etc.

Trust mother makes a steady recovery Mike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Thanks all, we can probably have a go in Spring, I would of course re emburse fuel costs

cheers
Geoff
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:22 am

Hi Geoff I missed this as I am not a ‘good man’. My back is playing up again so who knows what my capabilities will be in the spring. I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With a few good men   With a few good men Empty

Back to top Go down

With a few good men
Page 1 of 1