Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nice article on weathering G scale trains with powders

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Nice article on weathering G scale trains with powders Empty
PostSubject: Nice article on weathering G scale trains with powders   Nice article on weathering G scale trains with powders EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I found a nice article on how to weather a model train with the use of weathering powders:  
http://www.btcomm.com/trains/primer/rolling_stock/morans_weathering/weathering_w_powders.htm

Thought this could be interesting for some people here that are looking for ways to add more realism to their rolling stock.

I did tried this technique with -very good looking results- on plastic modelkits only because my trains are used outdoor. It looks to me  powder will be worn off by outdoor use but I can be wrong. Also I did not  use the special weathering powders from the famuos brands (like Tamiya, Vallejo, MIG or others) but I used pastel chalk bought in the local art shop. Perhaps there is difference .

But I guess it must  be worth a try for indoor operating models ( like on these beautifull MOMI modules?). It's much practiced in smaller scales.
Back to top Go down

Nice article on weathering G scale trains with powders
Page 1 of 1