Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Empty
PostSubject: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:29 am

Did you ever wonder what happened to this pair?:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_couple_with_gendarme

Well thankfully the gendarme got a transfer to another locale a bit south of here. The couple, on the other hand, have been sitting patiently on my mantle-piece awaiting for some inspiration as to how I was going to arrange their respective limbs into something approximating to a 'clinch'. Well tonight friends, I am able to announce that my Preiser bits box has come up trumps again, and I have been able to make some progress at last. But first, a recap of how they started, in the now time-honoured fashion:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_1

The bodies for the two figures are from the unpainted 'seated passengers' set. In each case I have unceremoniously hacked away one arm so as to allow the upper bodies to get a little closer.

So then a quick go with the old BluTak, to see what sort of pose suggests itself. In doing so, it seemed that I needed to cut each figure across the waist to as to allow them to 'twist' their upper bodies towards one another - this would also, I reasoned, give me a fighting chance of getting a the arms into an embrace pose:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_2

Then into the drilling and pinning. Still hadn't worked out what exactly I was going to do with the arms at this stage.

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_3

Then again with the Milliput:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_4

And that's how it stayed for a good couple of months; until tonight, in fact. Whereupon, I found the arms I would need to get the basic pose complete:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_5

From the back:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_5b

The girl's left arm is actually from a male figure - portraying the arm with a coat draped over it. However, the hand will be partially covered by the man's right hand so it won't be that obvious. Still plenty to do on this one, which is sort of complicated by the fact that they are still separate figures - ie they are not glued together at all. Indeed, it is my aim to have them as separate figures that can be 'locked together' a bit like a Chinese puzzle... I am very much a glutton for punishment!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:32 am

On the night shift again Clive?

My gendarme still hasn't recovered from the shock of their beheading!

B
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:37 am

I guess it was a little into the 'wee small hours' when I finally turned in... trouble with working away during the week I guess. More than once last week I felt the need to do some figure-work, but couldn't as I didn't have any of the wherewithal to hand.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:30 am

More progress this morning then...

Gaps are now filled:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_6

And just to prove they are not entirely inseparable (although they obviously enjoy each other's company!):

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_6b
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 7:33 pm

How romantic...I presume they'll spending a weekend or longer in Paris... I love you

Look forward to seeing this blossom. YAFPOC ....Yet another fine piece of creativity.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:14 pm

.... and just when you thought it was safe to talk about figures etc...

I did a bit more work on this pair. A bit of GS to complete the moulding of the 'coat' carried by the girl, and also a bit of a makeover on the hairstyle too:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_7

And finally, all painted up:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Snogging_Couple_8
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Nicely done Clive. Very Happy

Great pics in the G Scale Journal too Wink
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Thank you Paul!

Probably got another page-worth now for the next quarter's Journal, but I'll spare the readership.... for now, anyway Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple... Empty

Back to top Go down

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 3 - The Snogging Couple...
Page 1 of 1