Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ran some trains over the weekend...

Go down 
+3
Carl Hibbs
mikeyh
clive_t
7 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Ran some trains over the weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:16 pm

With a reasonable weekend of weather for a change, I managed to find some time to actually brush the cobwebs off a couple of items of stock - ably assisted by my son Steven:

Ran some trains over the weekend... DSCF4337

And yes, that is a Paris Saint Germain shirt he is wearing - we bought it for him on our visit to Carl's place last year.

So, a short coal train hauled by the TramLok....:

Ran some trains over the weekend... DSCF4339

Followed by an even shorter passenger working:

Ran some trains over the weekend... DSCF4311

We even managed to get the Spreewald to turn a wheel, albeit reluctantly to start with. Doing that peculiarly British thing, it seems; running bunker first:

Ran some trains over the weekend... DSCF4378

And finally, a view up the driver's nose, as he pilots the loco and its passenger/parcels train over the bridge:

Ran some trains over the weekend... DSCF4380
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 5:41 am

Great pics Clive! Particularly like the third one, very artistic.
Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 7:24 am

The garden looks neat and attractive Clive with some well matured plants.
Any chance of a few more recent pics for the forum?

No point having trains if you don't run them.
That is if you have a line to run them on of course. If not go and invite yourself to somewhere where there is a railway. Laughing

BTW. I could be passing along the A27/M27 later in August.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:38 am

Cheers Carl, I will try and get some more pics sorted out - work/admin/figures/building projects permitting Rolling Eyes

You and yours will of course be very welcome should you be in the area at that time - I presume we are talking Bank Hol weekend? In fact, anyone on here who might find themselves on or around the South Coast (of England!) should let me know, so that I might grant them temporary running rights on the SCGR (if they would like to of course)
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks Clive for the invite. We are definitely visiting the UK by car in August and we will be driving from 'le tunnel' to Cornwall via Eastbourne, Southampton and the new forest.
It won't actually be the BH Monday as our trip will be from the 20th - 30th.

I haven't got the exact interary yet but I will let you know ASAP to see if we can pop in en-route.
I know the secretarial dept had booked hotels in the Southampton area.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Carl

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you heading?

My sister lives near Penzance, might ask a favour if you're anywhere near!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Love that Tram Clive,

I bought one off ebay, but it lacked character, had MTS but no sound and I sold it on! I didn't have the courage to weather a brand new loco. The weathering makes the difference to both loco's in the pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Heu...... Carl throught Eastbourne it's really not the quickest way, it's like adding nearly two to three hours driving. The coast road is very slow, small road, lot's of town to cross.

Best and quickest way is M20, M25 and then M3 to Southampton and New Forest.

Unless we do a little short cut to Portsmouth for a quick stop in a nice garden, new forest is only about 40 Km from there (Miranda knows all the road, she was living next to Chichester before).

Not sure people we know ( queen )will agree for a stop to visit a garden with trains as we will be in minority Rolling Eyes (we may have to do some bargain). I we found an agreement on that, I am sure to find some space for one or two locomotive in our car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Laurent, don't worry whatever road we take it will lead to Portsmouth.pirat

And there will be room in the car for a train.

Maybe the girlies can go and do some shopping and the boys can do something more important.

I don't think we are going as far as Penzance Brian, sorry. I think we are up near Bodmin way. I know there's a real steam train not too far away otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to go.

Geography not my top subject (study )but I can find my way to railway attractions okay.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:18 am

Bearcastle wrote:
Heu...... Carl throught Eastbourne it's really not the quickest way, it's like adding nearly two to three hours driving. The coast road is very slow, small road, lot's of town to cross.

Best and quickest way is M20, M25 and then M3 to Southampton and New Forest.

True, but if you were planning on travelling to the New Forest via Portsmouth, better to go M20-M25-A3 - that way you will miss most of the rubbish roads, apart from the infamous Hindhead crossroads - they are in the process of building a by-pass/tunnel there, but I suspect they will not be in any particular hurry to complete ahead of your itinerary!

As for girlies, just tell them that Gunwharf Quays will cheerfully relieve them of any spare money they may be harbouring in return for designer labels, etc, oh and then there is the wonderful "Spinnaker Tower"... which I have never been up, and never will all the while they insist on charging me (one of the hapless Council Tax payers who ended up funding it thanks to some legendary bungling incompetence on the part of the council's contracts department) for entrance. Evil or Very Mad But they tell me the view is nice on a clear day Cool

I anticipate I will be working away, probably Monday to Thursday during that month, but if we know in advance we can certainly sort something out for you. And you will all be most welcome, I assure you!
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:32 am

GWhizz wrote:
Love that Tram Clive,

I bought one off ebay, but it lacked character, had MTS but no sound and I sold it on! I didn't have the courage to weather a brand new loco. The weathering makes the difference to both loco's in the pictures.

I know how you feel Brian, and I think sometimes that I must need my head examining for doing it. But it's just a light spraying with an airbrush and watered-down acrylic paints of various shades, graduating the density of application so that it's denser as it gets nearer the track level. I am resolved never to try and sell it on to recoup any outlay, so in my simple world, what the heck, I may as well have a go at making it look how I'd like it to look! And if it don't look right, wash it off with warm soapy water, let it dry, and have another go!

Here endeth Clive's philosophy of loco weathering!

I suspect our Mr Holt went along roughly the same lines of thinking at some stage in the past? These days, however, you don't dare leave him alone with a clean loco for 2 minutes! Mind you, he does make a good job of it, I freely admit! Cool
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm

[quote="clive_t"]With a reasonable weekend of weather for a change, I managed to find some time to actually brush the cobwebs off a couple of items of stock - ably assisted by my son Steven:

Ran some trains over the weekend... DSCF4337

And yes, that is a Paris Saint Germain shirt he is wearing - we bought it for him on our visit to Carl's place last year.

Hi Clive.
Our lass reckons tha should spend less on trains,and get thee lad a pairs of boots. lol!

Van
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 am

fm12 wrote:

Our lass reckons tha should spend less on trains,and get thee lad a pairs of boots. lol!
Van
No chance - I sold his sister to pay for the trains! Cool
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Flattery will get you everywhere Clive Rolling Eyes
(Thank you).

Is your train driver a one off...........or are there more to populate a couple of my locos ?

I'm alright now, I haven't had the urge to weather a loco for some time. Laughing

This is the last one I did.........

Ran some trains over the weekend... 02050911
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 pm

paul stainz holt wrote:

Is your train driver a one off...........or are there more to populate a couple of my locos ?
He's a one-off, that one! (as are all my figures, I guess)

Here's how he was made, if you fancied having a go yourself: http://www.scampington-chipside.co.uk/figuresculpt.htm

I do take commissions, as you might have already gathered from the many figure-related threads on here. Not cheap at £25 I would agree, but all the money goes to charity - and of course they are unique!
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanks for the link Clive. Smile
A project for a few Winter's nights I think.

(Excellent website you have too)
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ran some trains over the weekend...   Ran some trains over the weekend... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ran some trains over the weekend...
Page 1 of 1