Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scale Cars

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Scale Cars Empty
PostSubject: Scale Cars   Scale Cars EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:44 am

Hi everyone,

Just had a couple of presents from my in-laws. They are 1:24 scale, so a little bit small for g scale, but as I am not that worried about getting everything 100% right, they make a welcome addition to my railway. They are called "Old Friends" and made by Maisto. I found the web site on www.maisto.com. They do a range, including 1:18 scale of these. They are all "distressed" to look a bit tatty. I am sure many of you may know of these already? If you don't, it may be worth a look. I was given a VW Beetle and a VW Microbus and whilst those of a more artistic talent could probably do better; they are fine for me. I do some times put out some 1:18 Burago models. But as I am trying to model a run down French branch line, Bugatti's and Alfa Romeo's etc, do look a little out of place!

Keith George
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Scale Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Cars   Scale Cars EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks Keith,
Here's the link.
2CV distressed
That 2CV is great (I feel a purchase coming on) and a there's a Traction Avant too.

There are several other makes of French vehicles that might interest you for your period,

A bit pricey but new from
Solido Micheline

Solido prestige
They also produce a HY 'tub' van.

You could also try Burago Citroën TA This is undistressed.

I think Burago and Maisto are linked companies somewhere.

The best places for vehicles can be the cheap shops like 'Lidl' and also the cash and carry chain 'Metro'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com

Scale Cars
Page 1 of 1