Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne

Go down 
+13
tram47
KleineDicke
dtsteam
Knotty Ash
clive_t
Bearcastle
pjti
GWhizz
Admin
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
mikeyh
French Chuffed
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
French Chuffed

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne Empty
PostSubject: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:22 pm

I will not re post all the previous pictures of the start of the construction of the railway just some recent ones and go on from here.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne 2008_09210012

The start of the main station with the canal basin and the wharf area to the left.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne 2008_09210016-1

Looking the other way

Last edited by French Chuffed on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:29 pm

Hey Peter, the canal and wharf area is looking very natural now. this is going to be a great layout!

mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:53 pm

It looks even better in the flesh,so to speak. Some significant planning and physical effort has gone into this railway
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:24 pm

This will be the high level bridge into the storage sidings and reversing loop in the hanger. (garden shed)

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne 2008_09210005

The line down to Tunnel Junction

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne 2008_03110005

Carl suggested putting in a Y junction somewhere, so what about at the Tunnel Junction. One line goes to the tunnel one climbs to the higher level and one line is the outer circuit. The double track is coming from the main station.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne 2008_modified

Is the Y large enough as it will be in R3 curves and points?( I am not to good at drawing lines with a track ball.)

Last edited by French Chuffed on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:29 pm

The next question is, is my Viaduct going to be tall enough? I have dug some extra soil out but it is still only at 22” which at scale is only just over 40 feet not much more than an embankment. I think I need to dig out some more.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne 2008_03110002
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:30 pm

Looking forward to developments on this line.........its going to be a cracker. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Amazing.....
I thing your wye junction should be ok Peter. There seems to be enough room looking at your previous plan and these photos.

I think the viaduct will be ok too but it's what you want. If it's going to be a big central feature than yes maybe a bit deeper.

What are you building that out of?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:33 am

carl hibbs wrote:
Amazing.....
I thing your wye junction should be ok Peter. There seems to be enough room looking at your previous plan and these photos.

I think the viaduct will be ok too but it's what you want. If it's going to be a big central feature than yes maybe a bit deeper.

What are you building that out of?

I was thinking of building a Brunel type viaduct with the lower ‘stone’ piers made from carved celcon blocks and the upper structure either made from wood strip or aluminium section pop riveted together.

Which is why I was thinking the height may be an issue.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:28 pm

As I have not being doing much recently I thought I would post a picture of the stock in red boxes awaiting the completion of the storage sidings and at least a continuous loop of track.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne DSCF1662
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Just showing off........eh.Laughing

What a great workhop. I'll post a pic of my messy 'bordele' later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Great to see the development I remember seeing the initial construction pics on the other forum.

Huge investment you've got there! Are you planning to open to the public??

Cheers Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 7:45 pm

GWhizz wrote:
Great to see the development I remember seeing the initial construction pics on the other forum.

Huge investment you've got there! Are you planning to open to the public??

Cheers Brian

No Public just friends and like minded enthusiasts. The local French think I am a little crazy englishman, but then they are not aware of how many of there countrymen have railways in there gardens.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 10:37 am

Admin wrote:
Just showing off........eh.Laughing

What a great workhop. I'll post a pic of my messy 'bordele' later.

Would I ever show off Carl.!! No No

If I wanted to I would shoe a picture of my other workshop, which of course I wouldn’t.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne 2008_05200009

Oops pressed the wrong key. Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 1:38 pm

You really know how to p people off don't you ?

And I hate tidy people too. I bet you don't spend half the day looking for a cable or a bit that might come in handy one day.( I know it's here somewhere)

And the floor, so much wasted storage space - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:56 pm

...and all those tools.

Plus enough space and equipment to rip up 8 x 4 sheets of timber with ease.

Jealous - moi ?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:16 pm

That’s what comes from 40 years boat building, (only just room for an 8 x 4 sheet) but I still have to remember where I put everything, and that gets more difficult by the year!
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 12:08 pm

The permanent way crew have all gone home for Christmas, but they made some progress before leaving yesterday.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne DSCF1679
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:13 pm

I have also started work on the inside storage area. Chipboard floor going in and some studding walls eventually, to make the stock a bit more secure when left out.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne DSCF1677
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:29 am

Hi all, not any progress over the winter. I started to cut out the blanks for the Pinochet but it looked very stubby. I had obviously shortened it to much, so back to the drawing board. I will have to extend the lock so that I can get a more realistic looking and longer barge in. That cheesed me off a bit, to say the least. confused
Still forget that back to the UK at the end of the month to see new Granddaughter, that should cheer me up. Hopefully I will have something more positive to post in March.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:07 am

Don't worry Peter,

The spring is coming after a really miserable Winter. I've only been in the garden 3 times since Christmas.

Things will soon make progress.

I must admit I was a bit concerned about that lock a while back.
We have a 'peniche' lock not far away on the 'Canal de Chelles' a short cut on the river Marne near here.
If you want I could go and take some pics later or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 am

Peter, how long is your Peniche. I bought a model kit one last year which I no longer want. it can be motorised and R/c'd if needed. Its 55 cm long and 13cms wide. Not the right scale for a full size but they did make smaller ones for local transportage. you can have it if you want.
BTW its still in kit form!!
Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Mikey, the one I have started is 23 cm wide and 100 cm long I need to go 130 to 140 long to look more in proportion. 140 is the max I could turn around in the basin at the end of the canal, but yours could be interesting as a supplementary craft as it is narrower.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:42 am

PM your address Peter and i'll pop it in the post to you. I have decided that mine will now be a peaceful river with the papermill and a couple of fisherman (if Clive is able!!)

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 pm

carl hibbs wrote:
Don't worry Peter,

We have a 'peniche' lock not far away on the 'Canal de Chelles' a short cut on the river Marne near here.
If you want I could go and take some pics later or tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer Carl but we have canals and locks around Redon. I was trying to keep a balance with the size of the canal I have, but failed at the first attempt (it was also the length of the shuttering I had) so I will extend it to take a craft of 1.4 m.in length that should look longer and thinner and hopefully in proportion. Full scale it should be 1.462 m long
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Don't forget that there were many other craft on French canals apart from the standard peniche which is a 'Freycinet' 38m x 5.5m. This is huge in 'G' scale. 172cm x 25cm.

You could pretend it is a Berrichon or Flute de l'ourcq which measured from 25m-30m x 2.5m-2.8m.

And there are all the Dutch and Flemish barges (Tjalk, Aak, Steilsteven, Luxemotor etc.)which were a myriad of different sizes and shapes which found and still find there way into France.

I think we discussed this before somewhere. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne Empty

Back to top Go down

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next