Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New steam tram

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

New steam tram Empty
PostSubject: New steam tram   New steam tram EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Last year Carl made me a superb steam tram body which fitted over an Edrig chassis. I enjoy running it a lot but sometimes I cant be bothered with the firing up procedure and just want to run some trains quickly. I've thought for some time that it would be nice to have 2 or 3 trams running around Demiel, so last week after successfully bidding for the echo toy trainset I set about changing things and building a new tram. The boiler has been cut down and repainted, the body is made from an old ice cream advertising board (1/8 inch plastic)and the side 'windows' are from a plastic plant box (the sort you get with young plants in a nursery). The roof is of cardboard that has been plasticised with superglue, the chimney cover is an old wardrobe fitting (that goes over the rail screws to hide them). Other bits and pieces are recycled and nothing has been bought specifically.

New steam tram Demiel418

New steam tram Demiel416

The engine was intended to be used with a 9v battery but It runs at just the right slow speed with a 6v battery pack, and the sound and smoke unit work just fine.

mikey
Back to top Go down

New steam tram
Page 1 of 1