Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
twainmanbg

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" Empty
PostSubject: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 am

Hi there everyone,
Many years ago(mid 70s) I worked for a transport company in Nice called Piovano's , and our trucks were kept in the goods yard of the little train as it was known locally, it was just off the Rue de Dijon. In the yard were quite a few wagons and a rake of 3 or 4 coaches with ornate metal balconies, they were of wooden construction with matchboard siding, I just wondered if anyone knows the fate of them, as I often had my lunch sat in them, and sometimes a siesta, the sad part is I was only interested in american ho at the time so never took any photo's. I sometimes caught the railcar up to Carros where we kept a BIG low loader, it would pick me up in the yard and drop me near the yard in Carros. Any info would be really appreciated, I later lived near Nyon in Switzerland and to my sorrow I never travelled on the narrow gauge Nyon St Cergue in the days when they still had the old Boxcab loco's.
all the best for now,
Richard.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:45 pm

I did some Googling...

Was that perhaps the Chemin de fer de Provence railway?
According to this cart it could have, because the Rue de Dijon is very close to the present station (Gare de Nice CP)

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" 0carte10

According to a French article on Wikipedia about the history of the CP "Chemins de fer de Provence" it could have been coaches like the one shown below. According to the article some coaches went to the CFV ( Chemin de fer du Vivarais).
Are these the ones you used to lunch (and sleep) in?

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" 220px-Voiture_modele_506
(click here for bigger picture)

Paul
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:51 pm

I'd like more details about the American Ho you were interested in....
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:14 pm

There are more pictures of the 'voitures' of the CP on: this site.

Like this 4-wheeler one:
rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" Train_Pignes_09_small

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm sure there are some ex CP vehicles on the Baie de la Somme.

Also the original CP station at Nice (sud) was further away and had a freight only connection to the PLM standard gauge. The overall roof still exists I believe.

The main depot for the CP is just up the line at Lingostiere but there were also some sidings at La Brossette where they often kept stock.

If I get time I will dig out and post some more positive stuff. I'm a bit harassed at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

Also the original CP station at Nice (sud) was further away and had a freight only connection to the PLM standard gauge. The overall roof still exists I believe.
t!

You are right Carl. I noticed it's the structure more to the right on the picture. You can see clearly the roof and the old station building facing Avenue Malaussena.

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" 0carte11

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" 0carte12

More about the old station: Wikipedia - Gare de Sud Nice and the new station (since 1991, the structure on the left: Wikipedia - Gare de Nice CP

The old station (roof still in place, but not watertight...)
rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" 300px-Gare_du_Sud_-_arrière

Paul

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Quote :
The main depot for the CP is just up the line at Lingostiere but there were also some sidings at La Brossette where they often kept stock.

Sorry, just love to Google...

The depot at Lingostiere:

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" Cartel10

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" Lingos10

But La Brossette... Is that perhaps the station Raulcoules - La Brossette (CFV, Chemin de fer Vivaires) ?

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" Raucou10

Paul
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with two lines. I have some pics somewhere of a locotracteur at La Brossette rotting away.

I should really go and visit both this year before I get completely senile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"   rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var" Empty

Back to top Go down

rolling stock from the "little train of Nice/Var"
Page 1 of 1