Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MOMI module Normand

Go down 
+6
k&nwlr
KleineDicke
GWhizz
Paulus
tram47
Carl Hibbs
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

MOMI module Normand - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Il faut avoir des moyens de protection. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
J'ai achété une grande boite des douilles 4mm à prix canon sur e bay mais la seule couleur dispo était jaune.... Wink

Do you have 2 spare red sockets and 2 spare black in taht selection? They're the only ones I need and a minimum sensible order with Conrad is 50 euro???
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 pm

I haven't got any black ones but I have 4 red ones...!

How are you wiring yours up?

I have 2 pairs each end as you can see from the photos.

I pair is for the front public track and the other for the rear track.

These individual pairs of sockets are connected from one end to the other so as to maintain electrical continuity across my layout to adjacent modules.

I bought a big bag of 20 yellow ones for about 6 euros on e bay.

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
How are you wiring yours up?

My wiring is very simple...

The standard "MOMI" banana sockets (when I get some) at the rear to power the front public and rear return rail and connect to the MOMI system.

And an electrically isolated loading dock siding and turntable, which by means of a DPDT can be powered either by MOMI or connected to a 3 pin Cannon connector in the baseboard.

Unlike you I haven't provided for an onboard transformer/controller and simply plan to plug in an external LGB controller via a lead to the Cannon connector.

This prompts a further question regarding Daniel's plan to create a "bypass" behind my layout. "Will the banana plugs get in the way?" My French linguistic skills aren't up to posing this to him, and wondered if you would take it up, particularly as it relates specifically to your module?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Do you want these banana sockets then? You can paint the red ones black!

You will need 8 sockets in total then like me.

My wiring has become a tad complicated because:

There are several isolating sections to enable some shunting with 2 tiny locomotives. Plus the electric turntable with cross tracks was quite tricky to wire up bearing in mind the polarity and short circuit issues and is controlled with a 4PDT switch at the moment but I may have to introduce a relay into the circuit.

I'm thinking of renaming mine Spaghetti Junction.

The bypass track if it is constructed as a shelf without a solid continuous side butting on the modules then it will be ok.

I'm sure Daniel realises this as he doesn't miss much. Wink
If not I'll try and explain.

Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:53 pm

4 prises banane suffisent

.4 catch banana are sufficient

Isolation des 2 rails pour les embranchements .

Isolation of 2 rails for Spurs
plan supprimé, voir messages suivants

Last edited by tram47 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Daniel beat me to it - you only need 4 sockets, the "MOMI" connection is only at the rear!

Don't worry about sending me some, I'm bound to have worked up a Conrad order between now and September, unless of course you visit the Charente in the meantime!
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:14 pm

O.K for visit in Charente !!!!!!

MOMI module Normand - Page 4 Gwhizz16

Last edited by tram47 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:22 pm

So there is no continuous connection for the rear track then. Each module will be isolated from one another at the back. scratch

My spur is isolated too.

But...I think I'll bring extra fuses with me and a test meter and a soldering iron.... Cool
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 pm

MOMI module Normand - Page 4 Plan_a12
the good plan of isolation !!!!!!!!

MOMI module Normand - Page 4 Carl_114

Last edited by tram47 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
So there is no continuous connection for the rear track then. Each module will be isolated from one another at the back. scratch
.... err NO!

I think Daniel's wiring diagram explains it. In the simplest of modules which have only a front and rear track, the outer rails of each are connected and the inner rail of each connected. These are then connected to the banana sockets at each end of the rear thus providing a continuos loop around all the modules. It's only when we start adding isolated sidings and in your case a potentially, independently "working" rear rail that it becomes complex.

It was so much easier for me to grasp having seen the whole thing working at a previous expo!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Ah....Now I see. cyclops

The front and rear are connected electrically and are paralell with each other as one circuit. So only one Momi train in steam.

I shall need to do some more soldering tomorrow then. tongue

I'll try and take some film of mine working tomorow as I'm sure no one believes it's possible...... study

Last edited by Carl Hibbs on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Ah....Now I see. cyclops

The front and rear are connected electrically and are paralell with each other as one circuit. So only one Momi train in steam.

I shall need to do some more soldering tomorrow then. tongue

YES and actually the connections in Daniel's diagram are wrong - it's outer-outer and inner to inner

bonne chance
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 pm

GWhizz wrote:

YES and actually the connections in Daniel's diagram are wrong - it's outer-outer and inner to inner

Yes I've just realised that looking at previous expo photos because there is a loop one end and a continuous run is possible.

And that's why he's so strict about isolating tracks.

Last edited by Carl Hibbs on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

Well more than one when we run it under DCC, but that won't bother you Rolling Eyes will it?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:22 pm

What's DCC then?

I only know + & -, diesel and steam.

I might end up setting fire to the whole lot yet if you've seen the (mad) Max running..... affraid
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
diesel and steam.

Daniel won't let you put any of that nasty, smelly, oily stuff near his railway Laughing
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:21 pm

un interrupteur général directionnel oriente vers le réseau l'alimentation sélectionnée . cela évite les accidents .
analogique , numérique , tout est accepté . les engins à vapeur très propre aussi !!

a general directional switch directs to the network selected food. This prevents accidents.
analog, digital, all is accepted. also very clean steam engines!

Brian, le plan est rectifié .

Brian, the plan is to be adjusted.

MOMI module Normand - Page 4 Branch11
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:33 am

tram47 wrote:
les engins à vapeur très propre aussi

Ils existent ? Smile

...et les diesels aussi.

Je dois construire une locomotive 'verte-MOMI' qui fonctionne avec les fiouls 'bio'..... Shocked Laughing

Chez MMN (Module Momi Normand) l'alimentation passe entre un DPDT. Commande Momi (douilles bananes) \\ Voie // Commande Locale MMN
et avec les fusibles, ça va éviter des problèmes....(J'étais ingénieur sur les réseaux télephoniques)

Un peu de vocabulaire français = anglais

Alimentation = (power) supply (electricity etc.)
Alimentation secteur = mains supply (230vac)
Courant alternatif/continu = AC/DC
Numérique = digital
Tension = voltage
Commande = control
Interrupteur, sélecteur, commutateur = switch
Levier = toggle or lever
Bascule = rocker or lever
Fusible = fuse
Réseau = network (telephone, railway) or layout (model trains)
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Some test and trial running today.

Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:33 pm

An engineer with a deft touch is indeed a requirement; a millimeter too far would spell disaster! affraid
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Arrow MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692 MOMI module Normand - Page 4 4221052692
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 pm

What's new?
For the organization:
Arrow photo
Arrow precise measures
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Pas des nouvelles pour l'instant Daniel, je suis un peu occupé ailleurs. Je continuerai pendant les vacances scolaires dans une semaine. Smile
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Some test and trial running today.

I liked this a lot! When are we going to see more?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm

k&nwlr wrote:

I liked this a lot! When are we going to see more?!

Very soon I hope. I took the covers off today and started to rebuild the turntable as I wasn't happy with the motor and switching.

To be resumed next week when the school half-term holidays start.

BTW I'm taking some track and trains to 'work' tomorrow to use in class. We are going to see the film 'The Navigators' too as part of a study into privatisation. A good excuse to play trains. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOMI module Normand   MOMI module Normand - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOMI module Normand
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next