Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet Empty
PostSubject: Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet   Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:39 pm

A little while ago, I found myself showing off a running LGB train to some visitors. In a moment's inattention (ok about an hour's inattention) my Corpet Loco got caught up in some shrubbery and ran itself to a stripped gear - as well as wearing some very impressive grooves in my track. well I have had the thing in bits, and part of the main gear (nylon) on the drive axle has been worn to beggary by the brass worm gear. It doesn't look to me as though the gear itself will come off, so rather than replace an entire axle with a spare that probably doesn't exist any more, can anyone advise on how I might repair it? I did have a partial success with some Green Stuff, until the strain of pulling 2 wagons up a slope did for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet   Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Clive,
I assume that it is the traction tyred axle that has chewed its gear ......

http://www.freewebs.com/mariazellerbahn/tractiontyres.htm Wink

Anyway, spare parts can be obtained either from GRS, Dragon G Scale or Chalk Garden Rail. Spares seem to be in short supply though.

According to the pdf below you need part 85 or 87 depending on which axle you require. I usually repace all my traction tyred wheelsets with plain metal ones, but with the Corpet the crank pins are different lengths so you would need to modify those. All Corpets came with black wheels so all Corpet pdf's should be okay but sometimes the part number changes between drawings.

http://www.gartenbahn.at/g_spur/downloads/downloadarchiv/lgb/eplosionsz/20790-1.PDF study
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet   Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm glad you could advise Andy.

That's really well outside of my modelling domain.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet   Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:10 pm

Yes, thanks Andy. Interesting! My model has tyre-less wheels throughout. Also, it looks like it has been mod-ed by Messrs GRS to fit a rack cog. Judging by the shop's phone number on the sticker, it is plainly of some years vintage (pre-dates the 01-number STD codes!)

I shall see if any of the dealers carry this spare, thanks again for assistance
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet   Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice please: Stripped gear on LGB Corpet-Louvet
Page 1 of 1