Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne

Go down 
+13
tram47
KleineDicke
dtsteam
Knotty Ash
clive_t
Bearcastle
pjti
GWhizz
Admin
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
mikeyh
French Chuffed
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
French Chuffed

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Just so that you all don’t think I have died. Doing the wall and a few other jobs has helped me put my back out again.
So I have been confined to putting sound units in. I got a diesel sound unit from Locosound, and am fitting it to the track cleaner. I had previously put 2 LGB decoders in one powers the cleaning wheels and the other on a different address code powers the loco itself, also doing the directional lighting and the flashing roof lights. Unfortunately the speaker I had would not fit in so I have had to put in a smaller lower quality one and I need to get a rechargeable pp9 for the standing sound.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 2009_102009visit0002

I have also got a Massoth XLS sound decoder for my 2095.06 diesel so the only loco left now to be retro fitted with a sound unit is the Brunig rack loco and a small diesel
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:18 pm

My god Peter.....That scares me.

Does the man stay inside all the time? study
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:31 am

I feel I must assure you that 'No small plastic people' were harmed in any way while carrying out this modification to the Track Cleaning loco.
Even if the wiring looks a bit manic.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 pm

I have today ordered some flexi track from Jeremy, so that I will have something to lay when the weather starts to improve next year. So I must start the bridge!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:06 am

Snow on the line today, so no running as the management haven’t inveasted in a snow plough. That’s the problem with having English management, never ready for the snow!!!!!!!

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 2009_111809visit0008
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:26 pm

I've enjoyed reading this thread and looking at the pics.

It really looks great.

Well done it gives me some ideas.

JD in Belgium.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:05 am

Hi JD thanks for the comments, mine is a long term project, constrained by my back and cash flow, but the journey is the enjoyment. Hopefully we will get more progress this year when the weather starts to improve.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Well the weather is improving slowly, frost gone so can work on the clay.
I have 30 metres of track in stock ready for laying and have discovered that I can build the bridge straight not curved as I first feared. I have also ordered another reverse loop module so can form the double Y interchange at the bottom of the incline section, as Carle suggested.
I have also ordered a Jigstone mould for cobblestones to hopefully do the front yard of the brewery, I will let you know how that works out.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

I mentioned some time ago I wanted a cobbled yard in front of the Brewery. When I was in England I got a Jigstone mould for cobbles. It’s a bit small so will need to make at least 100 tiles to fit together, so this is the start.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 DSCF2385

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 DSCF2386

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 DSCF2387
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Interesting result! What's that filler material you're using to make the castings? It looks like Polyfilla, but I imagine it's exterior grade?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm

very effective Peter and ditto what Clive said!

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:45 pm

It’s a large tin of Car body filler from Trago Mills. In the background of the first pic. Its not too special close up but at 3 foot it will look ok.

Managed to make 25 tiles over the past 3 days, a few iffy ones but will stick some of them together and see what they are like outside in front of the Brewery tomorrow, Its supposed to be a sunny day.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:38 pm

I imagine that with a splash of some cobblestone coloured paint, plus the natural weathering that will invariably result from being outside in all that lovely rain/sun, will look very realistic. Maybe brushing in some soil or mud from the garden will give the opportunity for some moss or similar to take hold in the low points? It should also reduce the more regimented look that might happen because of the same shape mould pattern being repeated.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of these cobbles outside the brewery Cool
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Actually, looking at that blog of old pics I posted on Mikey's old photos thread, I found some interesting ones of canal scenes, industrial scenes etc here - sorry for the cross-post:

http://dumultien.over-blog.fr/categorie-10501560.html
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm

I have just done 16 tiles and stuck them together, lots more to do but not to difficult. They just need a bit of tidying up then possibly a paint job.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 DSCF2391
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Looks good! Technique (and materials) duly noted!
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:46 pm

To get the cobbles to track level I need 6 or 7 mm of make up material. If I was still in boatbuilding I would have used flat sheets of off cuts of fibreglass but as I am not I will either do a thin skim of render or use 6mm wbp plywood I think. Then the tracks will look more inset, with possibly wooden planks between the tracks as I have seen in real life.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Still producing cobble stone tiles, 38 to date, and debating what to put under them. Also as it was a nice day was out laying more track, I got some 3 m lengths of LGB, a pain to put together as its very long but hopefully will smooth out the curves, photos tomorrow.

Also I need a new name for my railway, as the one I have at the moment it too specific. (With Google earth improving) what about ‘Chemin De Fer Sud Bretagne’
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 am

A new name.....mmm

Yours is not so much of a Chemin de Fer but more a network.Laughing

The railways in Brittany were termed RB = Réseau Breton which encompassed both standard and metre gauge lines.
Including the CFdN = Chemin de Fer du Côtes du Nord.

Réseau Sud Breton perhaps....
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:37 am

Perhaps I could have a 'Chemin de Fer Cotes de Sud' CFCdS ?

Last edited by French Chuffed on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:49 pm

You could name it after a nearby town or region so that google maps is no use to those searching for it... You would still have the local or regional flavour as well.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:48 pm

I have started the reversing Y that you suggested Carl 'top right curv'

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 2010_04170007

The track extension to the bridge. I am also considering re routing the threepenny bit line to be nearer the canal to give a larger space between the two loop lines, where I am going to lay my artificial grass I got from Lidl

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 2010_04170011

The final gap to be closed shortly

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 2010_04170013
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Slow progress on the cobble stones but still its looking good.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 DSCF2401
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 pm

I reckon you should change the name now Peter. Sud de Bretagne has a nice ring to it

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks Mikey.

Well in the light of no better suggestion I have changed the name, but its not cast in stone as yet.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Maybe the same name in the local language would be nice, with the local flag....
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next