Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne

Go down 
+13
tram47
KleineDicke
dtsteam
Knotty Ash
clive_t
Bearcastle
pjti
GWhizz
Admin
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
mikeyh
French Chuffed
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
French Chuffed

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 pm

GWhizz wrote:

"End to End Facilty" - first I've heard of that - fascinated! Is it integral with the Massoth base units ? Presumably you will need some kind of sensors at each end of the line?

The #Automatic drive# can be programmed into the handset but the activation / deactivation is stored in the central station. It requires 1 reed switch at each end of the run and a feedback module (+ magnet under loco)
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:11 am

French Chuffed wrote:
GWhizz wrote:

"End to End Facilty" - first I've heard of that - fascinated! Is it integral with the Massoth base units ? Presumably you will need some kind of sensors at each end of the line?

The #Automatic drive# can be programmed into the handset but the activation / deactivation is stored in the central station. It requires 1 reed switch at each end of the run and a feedback module (+ magnet under loco)

I had been looking for a download on Massoth's website but here aa photograph of my instruction book.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2010_12260001

Their link doesn't work
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks Peter, I should have looked in my own Navigator manual.

I shall watch this development with interest. Do you have all the necessary kit yet, feedback module, reed switches etc?

BTW Seasons Greetings
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:19 pm

GWhizz wrote:
Thanks Peter, I should have looked in my own Navigator manual.

I shall watch this development with interest. Do you have all the necessary kit yet, feedback module, reed switches etc?

BTW Seasons Greetings

I haven’t got the bits yet, and apparently they are now doing a feedback module with an fm transmitter in to save the wiring having to go from the module to the central station. But you still need the wires from the sensors to the module obviously, so I was thinking of lifting the track for the rack line and burying a conduit with wires in to connect the 2 sensors.

Seasons greetings as well. santa drunken
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 am

Hi all, back after a spell of disruption. Over the winter I managed to get a roof on the train storage room, which will help a lot in keeping down the bird droppings and other country invasions.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04120065

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04120066

I haven’t done much with the railway as in early Jan Joan had problems that resulted in an operation for Colon Cancer early March... but yesterday we had a good report from the surgeon of no chemotherapy requires just 6 monthly checkups, so hopefully when her wind and other pains subside she will be able to get back to something resembling normal.

The track has sufferd from invasions of weeds, cats and landslip.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04120061

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04120063

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04120060

As you can see the permanent way team is going to have its work cut out over the next month or so to get things back up and running.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Nice to see some activity Peter! Great news that Joan is making a good recovery,we wish her well!

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Nice of you to say so Mikey (re activity), but the main activity has been the weeds growing and the cats scratching up the ballast for their own purposes.
I have had to re build the Brewery with wooden re enforcing internally as it disintegrated one night, due I think to the cats having a fisticuffs with the locals.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Your trackcrew will have a hard job on that weed control and trackrepair!!
I hope you have it up and running again soon.

I feel the pain about the brewery! A few weeks ago I found my gatekeerpers house knocked over and chimney demolished and also some flowers plowed away. Actually I was happy to discover some cat fur in the chaos, proving it was indeed a cat fight and not some burglar attempt! (everything has it sunny side). And that was only a gatekeepers house, not a sanctuary as a brewery... drunken

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:20 pm

What a difference a season makes. It's amazing how nature quickly takes control.

That's looks like a real well established railway now Peter. Wink

Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
What a difference a season makes. It's amazing how nature quickly takes control.

That's looks like a real well established railway now Peter. Wink

That’s a very polite way of saying overgrown Carl
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:49 pm

I like looking at other folks railways.
Especially empire ones such as yours Peter.

Can you post some overall shots or a trackplan please ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 pm

GWhizz wrote:
After a set of amends from Peter here is the latest version of the track SCHEMATIC I've drawn for him.

I'm happy to do these as I quite enjoy it, if anyone else wants one for their layout Question

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 St_mar10

Hi Paul this is the track plan posted some time ago. when I have tided up a bit I will try and do an overall photograph.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:34 pm

This is a not very good, overall picture taken from a position that would be off the bottom of the track plan above. I hope it makes sense, but probably just confuses more.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04200007

You can just see the engine shed, (far left) and the tunnel mouth bottom centre.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Those horses look quite realistic, too. Razz
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 pm

KleineDicke wrote:
Those horses look quite realistic, too. Razz

Sorry the horses are out of scale they need trimming down….. affraid
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

As referred to in another thread (what have you been doing) evidence is presented 'Me Lord’

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04270006

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04270008

I have also planted some small trees ‘in pots’ in the hope that they will end up as small trees, we will see.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04270009

I see I need a better photo, you can’t see the wood for the weeds.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:54 pm

How have you changed the construction methods Peter so that the same thing doesnt happen again?

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:00 pm

mikeyh wrote:
How have you changed the construction methods Peter so that the same thing doesnt happen again?

mikey

The short answer is NO! Mikey…

Most of the slates stayed on so I put the falling off ones down to poor application or mix of tile cement. The wood I have still stuck on, but not used No Nail this time I have used a product from Screwfix (me no connection) called ‘Sticks Like Sh..t’ it says its waterproof etc so we will see.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks for posting the trackplan Peter.
The overall pic (with horses in the backdrop) looks very well established now.
How many running sessions have you done so far this year ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:03 am

Paul Stainz Holt wrote:

How many running sessions have you done so far this year ? Very Happy

The short and inexcusable answer in ‘NONE’ Paul. affraid affraid

With all the various problems and a new Massoth controller that I haven’t had time to work out yet scratch I have only just got everything out of there boxes for the spring.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:39 pm

After sorting out a programming problem I had with my new Massoth Navigator I started a test run this afternoon and as soon as the loco departed the shed thunder and lightening started.
I should have done it earlier then we would have had some rain in April perhaps…….
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Yes we badly need some rain here as well!

ah well at least it made it out of the shed!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:23 pm

As I have posted before I have a bit of trouble with land slip, during the winter and wet periods, at one point of my railway

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_04120060

So decided to attempt to do something about it. I have watched a lot of Swish Railway videos recently (while back improving again) and the idea of a snow shed came to me, Admittedly a bit of a quantum leap with the recent weather. I contemplated doing it in concrete and reinforcing, but came across some old epoxy resin that I had that was way out of date that still worked. So as I am an x chipy decided to do it in plywood and seal it with epoxy resin, it should outlast me then.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_06030001

I cleard the ground and set about it.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_06030002
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:29 pm

I cut a base in 12mm ply wbp and I had some 6mm bendy ply that I glued and tacked to the edge to form the back. I have cut a top the same size and have drilled blind holes to take 16mm plastic conduit at 300mm spacing at the front to form the pillars holding up the roof.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 2011_06030003

I hope its appearance improves as the job progresses, as its looking positively uninspiring at the moment I need to get some concrete coloured gel coat I think to make an acceptable finish.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:00 pm

That could look like the open tunnel to protect from avalanche.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 Dsc01510

Just editing the post took me time to find a picture in the hardrive

Last edited by Bearcastle on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm

A snow shed is a great idea Peter! I love those 'swiss railway journeys' programmes and its a shame that Chris and Sue can not make any new ones due to ill -health; I dont know if it helps but when i want a concrete looking finish i mix a little cement with some diluted PVA and paint it on. It lasts for years!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next