Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...

Go down 
+3
French Chuffed
mikeyh
clive_t
7 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Empty
PostSubject: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello again all

As mentioned in my 'Wanderer Returns' thread i have been kind of busy churning out figures for most of the past 3-4 months... rather than inflict a whole load of separate threads, i thought i would clear the backlog in one fell swoop - so, here goes:

1. Railway worker (Cleaner) - The base is one of the German track worker set, but the bare arms are from the 'Adam' set - a few matching accessories and some grey-stuff for the hi-viz jacket. It was about this time that i discovered that Games Workshop do an excellent set of 'washes', especially in the flesh tones. This figure was my first experiment with using them, for the exposed skin and the 'denim' overalls etc.
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Cleaner_5b

2. Foreman - The base is again one of the track worker set, but i wanted a 'folded arms' pose, so I decided to model those from scratch with copper wire as the skeleton,
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Foreman_6c

3. Seated passenger - not a lot i could do with this one, being one of the Preiser 'seated figures' - i just chopped his left arm off (which was down his side) and made a new one in a slightly different pose. The only other adornment was some facial hair - oh, and i made him ginger!
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... SeatPass04

4. Another seated passenger, although with a bit more 'attitude'! Lots of hacking of limbs involved here, to get the pose right
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... SeatedOneFootUp07

5. A bit of an oddity this one, although it is based on a person i saw in Bath many years ago, when the Punk movement was at its height. Although not a railway passenger, i did actually see someone dressed very smartly, complete with shocking pink Mohecan hairstyle, waiting at a bus-stop whilst reading a book! Again the base for this was one of the Preiser 'seated passenger' set
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... SmartPunk03

6. A bit of a nod in my own direction with this one - a commuter who's the wrong side of 50!
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... MiddleAged02b

7. And again a throwback to my younger days - plying to and from London armed with laptop:
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Yuppiewithlaptopbag2

8. Another railway worker, but one taking things a little easy on his break!
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Workeronbreak2

9. This was the result of an experiment, to see if i could come up with a female figure with a 'translucent' skirt, through which one could make out the outline (and indeed the colour!) of the underwear - yes, a little pervy i admit! The skirt is made from tissue paper coated with diluted PVA glue
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Womaninskirt2

10. This 'train-spotting clergyman' is my interpretation of the Revd Wilbert Audrey, from an illustration in one of his stories. The arms are another 'scratch-build' on a Preiser body, The camera is scratch-built from Milliput, and the strap is from a single strand of cross-stitch thread . I had to bite the bullet with this one and make my own 'hands' - carved from Milliput, but not that convincing sadly
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Vicartrainspotter2

Last one, for now...
11. Another minor mod from the Preiser Seated Passenger set - in this case though i fattened up the face with some Milliput, and replaced the moulded left arm with another carrying a hold-all.
The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... WestIndianpensioner2

So there you go!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:02 am

A superb set of figures Clive! Those washes certainly help bring out the detail. I like the foreman best 'cos I know how hard it is to model folded arms!

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:04 am

Excellent work Clive, your past few month haven’t been wasted I see. I haven’t really got into any figurers for my railway yet still working on infrastructure all be it slowly.

Figures of the female persuasion tend to come out a bit expensive the more pink stuff they show I see, wonder why??????? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:37 am

well done Clive - love the foreman figure, the last chappie is quite colourful too.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Beautiful work! I realy like them, specially that dressed up punker and the Jamaican guy.

BTW... don't speak to bad of yourself; if you really were a pervert you'd made that skirt a lot shorter Cool
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh well,thats got me 'sussed'. I was thinking the skirt could be a bit shorter '(quite a bit actually!!)
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks, folks, for your kind words.

French Chuffed wrote:

Figures of the female persuasion tend to come out a bit expensive the more pink stuff they show I see, wonder why??????? Embarassed
From experience, Peter, that is a universal truth regardless of scale!

Actually the photo doesn't show it very well, but i painted the figure, complete with black underwear, before applying the skirt! You can just about see her pants through the skirt, which was the desired(!) effect Twisted Evil

And yes, i did find myself looking up it after it had dried!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Great set of figures, Clive. I especially like the guy having a bit of refreshment.
Back to top Go down
bruce

bruce

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Very nicely done...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hdlr.moonfruit.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...   The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog... Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'YAF' (Yet Another Figure) Missing Back-Catalog...
Page 1 of 1