Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pjti

Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? Empty
PostSubject: Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?   Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Not much to say really, does it sort have a teensy weensy bit of a Spanish look about it ? If you are of a nervous disposition please look away now.

Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? Edrigm10

Did somebody mention sombrero ? - love the shoes too

Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? Edrigm11
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?   Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 am

Like it! Any chance of an outside pic of it? Looks like yer man has a bit of backpain similar to mine... good paint job on him, though.

Slightly off topic, how much money do you think you've saved since stopping smoking last year? Just interested to think of it in terms of a loco or some other thing that you could get instead!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?   Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:23 am

like it. whats that coming out of his back? oh yes a bolt out of the blue!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?   Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:32 am

Looking closely there is some interesting brass construction.

How did you do the roof and the portholes on the back panel please?

Last edited by Carl Hibbs on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?   Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Carl, its only .6mm sheet (I think) as it's all I have got. The "curve" of the roof is based loosely on my thighs because I was too lazy to find a rolling pin. Thicker brass would probbly be a bit painful. The portholes are actually cut using one of those flat blade wood boring bits, they come in lots of sizes. Using a slow speed in a battery drill and drill from both sides I found it worked a treat, if you "wobble" the bit you end up with a nice disc too.

Smoking calcs : My spreadsheet (how sad) shows 222 days and minimum savings of €860 or £1526 at GB prices. It also shows that in addition to my Piko Taurus and Piko Railbus I would have €492 left over which coincidentally is what that Regner sold for yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?   Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Skelington Edrig - cheap chinese bash ?
Page 1 of 1