Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne

Go down 
+13
tram47
KleineDicke
dtsteam
Knotty Ash
clive_t
Bearcastle
pjti
GWhizz
Admin
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
mikeyh
French Chuffed
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
French Chuffed

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:05 pm

It’s a set up called Parcelsplease. They appear to be very efficient, I am not sure what the max size of parcel is but mine was approx 600 x 600 x 300 weight

I have no connection with the firm apart from being a satisfied customer. The fact that my address in France is just the village I am located in and my Name, it doesn’t help with parcel deliveries.
The Mayor said we would be getting a house number in 2 years 18 months a go so sometime in the next 5 years we may see a new number.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Our Factrice is very efficient.

If you put just our surname, the postcode, and France it usually arrives.

So I might give it a try!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 am

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_09130011
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 am

GWhizz wrote:
Our Factrice is very efficient.

If you put just our surname, the postcode, and France it usually arrives.

So I might give it a try!

Yes this may be so with the Post, but the parcel delivery companies don’t have the information like La Post does.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:18 am

The Brewery is financing a new wall, and Factory gates to be accessed via a level crossing from the town.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_09130010
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:37 pm

I know a lot of you think I cheat with my model making but here is the next addition a new station building.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_09170006
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:05 pm

French Chuffed wrote:
I know a lot of you think I cheat with my model making but here is the next addition a new station building.

I'm sure none of us think that Peter, it's all down to personal taste, resources and budget. Personally I prefer a bit more weathered look on my buildings and therefore tend to run over them with a fine air brush spray of acrylic black paint stolen from my wife's art box before I put them on the layout and let the weather do the rest.

Your railway's really coming on now, I'd love to see some general view photos to see how it looks overall !!

bon chance
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 pm

French Chuffed wrote:
I know a lot of you think I cheat with my model making ......
Cheat away. Looks great to me whatever.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:21 am

I am not into weathering as you can see; I have always been into new. I am sure the sun and weather will take there toll on the outside buildings over time. I like clean lines, as you say its personal taste.

As regard to an overall view, I need to get the canal finished as it is not at all attractive with no water in, with the lack of rain it has been bone dry all summer.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:17 pm

I started work lining the canal dock sides with slate and wooden piles for mooring. It looks ok to me so go and collect another 25 slates tomorrow to finish the job before the expected rain Wednesday evening.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_09220001
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Put a few more piles in the joints today before the rain.
Imagine it filled with water to about 2” bellow the top. I hope the effect will be acceptable.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_09240001
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:40 am

After the severe rain (for round here) of the past few days I have to report that the ‘No Nail’ didn’t survive the test. All the wooden piles are floating around in the dock.

After discussing with my son he said that Screwfix are selling a product called ‘Stick like Sh*t’ that is supposed to work even under water, so he is getting me a couple of tubes to experiment with, so watch this space. I would take a picture if it stoped raining.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 am

Peter, a long shot in case this other stuff doesn't work - what about a hot-glue gun kind of approach?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 am

I have plenty of glue sticks Clive so I could give it a try. Who knows………
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Another possibility would be what we call Construction Adhesive - i think one brand is "Liquid Nails". I'm not real fond of hot glue myself - always makes a pretty big mess and I usually end up burning myself. Another product you might try is called "Gorilla Glue". At least you have to love the name.
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:37 pm

The absolute last resort (on the grounds of cost) would be a two part epoxy.

Liquid Nails & No Nails tend to be differ in Europe from the US - No Nails is not much better than white wood glue. As ever, let the warning notices be your guide - if its toxic and causes cancer if eaten, then you're getting warm. If its been banned by the State of California, then you're definitely onto a winner.

I've tried hot glue without much success, but that's probably down to technique - same as Bill - get it everywhere and burn myself.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks guys. In the past I have only ever used hot glue for making temporary patterns in boatbuilding; I have only ever found it a temporary glue. As you say the more toxic a substance is the more likely it is to work… you can’t beat the bad old things.
I have some 5 min epoxy but as you say it’s expensive. I will drain down the canal next week after the rain of the past few days it’s full for the first time since spring, and do a few experimental fixings.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:40 am

I have gone slightly MAD, with the excuse of fending off the impending VAT rise I have purchased the long wanted Massoth 800z central Station and rc remote.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_12020001

As I had read somewhere that protection for DCC units it desirable with regards to Lightning strikes etc, and me being of the forgetful type my son has devised a remote relay that will disconnect the Central station and ground the track when the power is switched off. It may not provide total protection but it may be better than nothing…

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_12020003

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 2010_12020004

The red and block wires are obviously looped at the moment. They will be cut on installation the earth wire will go to an earth rod, and the orange wire goes to the power supply.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Which transformer are you using with the Massoth controller Peter ?
Good idea to isolate your control system - a guy near me had his ruined by a lightning strike - the damage was done through the
track connection wires.
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 am

paul stainz holt wrote:
Good idea to isolate your control system - a guy near me had his ruined by a lightning strike - the damage was done through the
track connection wires.

I have the option of 2 power supplies One I made for the mts2 with a toroidal transformer 18v ac at about 6 amps, or I do have a 22v dc power supply of about 60 amps (very smooth out of a bit of electronic kit) so will probably use that.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:59 pm

French Chuffed wrote:
paul stainz holt wrote:
track connection wires.

I have the option of 2 power supplies One I made for the mts2 with a toroidal transformer 18v ac at about 6 amps, or I do have a 22v dc power supply of about 60 amps (very smooth out of a bit of electronic kit) so will probably use that.

Well done on the purchase Peter - quite jealous here still using MTS3

However I thought the Massoth units had the power transformer built in including the 800Z

so a bit confused as I was thinking of possibly upgrading at some point?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 pm

The Massoth 1210 Central station, has a power supply built in and has an output of 12 amps the 800z is cheaper and doesn't have a built in power supply and has a limited output of 8 amps I think, provided the input is of sufficient ampere. As I had the possibility of 2 power supplies anyway I thought it best to save some £. Especialy as I am not going to run multiple American locos I think 8 amps will be sufficient. I will run a separate lighting circuit too.

Last edited by French Chuffed on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Both Phil and I use the Massoth Navigator hand held r/c remotes and they are brilliant - you're really going to enjoy that once we get a spell of decent weather.

Will you be DCC controlling your points too ?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:29 pm

GWhizz wrote:
Both Phil and I use the Massoth Navigator hand held r/c remotes and they are brilliant - you're really going to enjoy that once we get a spell of decent weather.

Will you be DCC controlling your points too ?

YES> I have had one Massoth point decoder for some time but couldn’t use it with my mts 2 and hand unit. I also want to use the end to end facility if I can work it out, for the rack line.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:47 pm

[quote="French Chuffed"
YES> I have had one Massoth point decoder for some time but couldn’t use it with my mts 2 and hand unit. I also want to use the end to end facility if I can work it out, for the rack line.[/quote]

"End to End Facilty" - first I've heard of that - fascinated! Is it integral with the Massoth base units ? Presumably you will need some kind of sensors at each end of the line?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 pm

GWhizz wrote:

"End to End Facilty" - first I've heard of that - fascinated! Is it integral with the Massoth base units ? Presumably you will need some kind of sensors at each end of the line?

The #Automatic drive# can be programmed into the handset but the activation / deactivation is stored in the central station. It requires 1 reed switch at each end of the run and a feedback module (+ magnet under loco)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next