Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newqiuda locomotive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew

Newqiuda locomotive Empty
PostSubject: Newqiuda locomotive   Newqiuda locomotive EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:55 pm

I was given the Newqiuda 2-6-2 loco. While converting it over to Hobbyking remote battery, the front window on the cabin came out. Has anyone have an easy way to get it back into position. I have tried different ways but it seems to be a really awkward task & I still have a open window. The cabin is off the chassis & can be held upside down or side on, but the window is in a really awkward position to refit the perspex window.

Also last week at an LGB dealer there were 3 Uinitah locs that had been returned becuase the rear set of wheels were sliding along the track before they started to work. The cause was too much grease, which had entered the electric motor causing some sort of problem. The locos were disassembled & cleaned to fix this problem. Just goes to show that to much lubrication as well as too little can cause trouble.

Andrew
Sandbar & Mudcrab Railway
Back to top Go down
GAP

PostSubject: Re: Newqiuda locomotive   Newqiuda locomotive EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 am

Andrew wrote:
I was given the Newqiuda 2-6-2 loco. While converting it over to Hobbyking remote battery, the front window on the cabin came out. Has anyone have an easy way to get it back into position. I have tried different ways but it seems to be a really awkward task & I still have a open window. The cabin is off the chassis & can be held upside down or side on, but the window is in a really awkward position to refit the perspex window.

Also last week at an LGB dealer there were 3 Uinitah locs that had been returned becuase the rear set of wheels were sliding along the track before they started to work. The cause was too much grease, which had entered the electric motor causing some sort of problem. The locos were disassembled & cleaned to fix this problem. Just goes to show that to much lubrication as well as too little can cause trouble.

Andrew
You just need to hold your mouth right and get "aroundtoit" that's the secret.   lol! 

Maybe a walk across the road might help, can't hurt.   Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Newqiuda locomotive   Newqiuda locomotive EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 pm

I fixed the window -I threw it into the cabin until later. Also the battery has had it . 2 laps on the track & it is flat.
I will go back to constructing my coal mine, except this time I will not place run my thumb on the blade of the bench saw!
I only have one "aroundtoit", so will have to work out where to use it.
Andrew
Back to top Go down
GAP

PostSubject: Re: Newqiuda locomotive   Newqiuda locomotive EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:37 am

Andrew wrote:
I fixed the window -I threw it into the cabin until later. Also the battery has had it . 2 laps on the track & it is flat.
I will go back to constructing my coal mine, except this time I will not place run my thumb on the blade of the bench saw!
I only have one "aroundtoit", so will have to work out where to use it.
Andrew
Put a screwdriver through the opening.

Put a big blob of "BluTack" poster mounting putty on the end of the screwdriver.

Put glue around the frame.

Stick the "glass" onto the screwdriver with the blu tack.

Draw the screwdriver with the "glass" attached aligning it with the frame.

The tension of pulling the blu tack off the glass should seat the glass.

Use a finger or anything to apply pressure to the glass to seat it snugly.

As for the batteries HobbyKing.
I should see this done tomorrow arvo when I get home from work because have the "roundtoit" and are retired.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Newqiuda locomotive   Newqiuda locomotive EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:37 pm

Upate: this loco is now running on battery power through trail car, 10x AA rechargables with Hobby king system. I rewired lights for direction as I threw out all the insides. Top speed is way to fast, but I like slow running trains.
Even though this loco had 7.4 volt battery, I believe the motor will handle 12 volts, if not then I will look at replacement with some of my scrap box spares.
As my layout is made for 0-4-0 trains, mainly LGB I have to do slight alteration for one curve to increase diameter of track.
Next project is to add weight to help with tracking as the loco seems to sway quite a lot side to side as if it is nearly top heavy.

Just though I would add something to this site to say that we are still alive down here in Australia, a number of us still look at this site often, just to see what is happening & good to hear from our Continental Garden Train friends.

Cheers from Andrew
Sandbar & Mudcrab Railways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newqiuda locomotive   Newqiuda locomotive Empty

Back to top Go down

Newqiuda locomotive
Page 1 of 1