Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back and the snow

Go down 
+15
mikeyh
markbiff
David Grantham
bruce
fm12
GWhizz
Bearcastle
Paul Stainz Holt
pjti
Sparkeswood
French Chuffed
Spule 4
philkelly
KleineDicke
Carl Hibbs
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

Back and the snow - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 11:43 am

We had about 10cm last night (made getting home from a gig very difficult!). nice sunny day today and its nearly all gone. Just a bit worried because its quite early. Still, as long the winter isnt as long as last year!!

Back and the snow - Page 4 101635

mikey
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:56 am

Although a few hundred kilometers to the north, we Dutchies only had a white haze on cars and rooftops...

LUCKILY !!! pirat

But I wished it was summer again...
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Same here next to Paris apparently south west and Normandy were under more heavy snow
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Only light snow here but we're at minus 5°C and dropping....They forecast -12°C on Thursday with snow.
The normal average minimum temperature for this area is +5°C in November.

Fed up with winter already. Back and the snow - Page 4 212193
Back to top Go down
Mike B

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:02 am

Down here, more, lots more, of the wet stuff (no smilies for monsoon rain - hint) plus when I got into the car this morning the thermometer showed 9ºC. Now for us that's really Back and the snow - Page 4 166561 we very rarely see single figures. I had my fleece, scarf and hat on today, clothing usually reserved for Christmas visit to the UK...

You guys up north have my sympathies.

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikebrown.me
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 am

-6.5 last night here in southern Brittany, with a light sprinkling of snow from yesterday blue sky and a balmy +3 outside. It all looks extremely pretty from inside the house.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:23 am

I've added a few more smileys including some Back and the snow - Page 4 641182 and .......
Back and the snow - Page 4 499412
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Started to snow here around 15:00...
Now the kids are outside:

Back and the snow - Page 4 00011041
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:54 pm

My newly reinstated railway got a coat of snow.............

Back and the snow - Page 4 Dscf1114
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Amazingly, I have managed to avoid seeing or feeling even one flake! Long may that continue, it's cold enough for me without it thank you... Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Quote :
My newly reinstated railway got a coat of snow.............

Beautiful picture!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Thank you Paulus.....another picture

Back and the snow - Page 4 Dscf1115
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:25 am

clive_t wrote:
Amazingly, I have managed to avoid seeing or feeling even one flake! Long may that continue, it's cold enough for me without it thank you... Shocked
Should have kept my big mouth shut...

Back and the snow - Page 4 317298
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Mike B

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 am

Ah Clive, you fell into Nature's trap. Open your mount and say it hasn't rained/snowed/hurricaned etc. and you can be sure it will!

Snow is very pretty - looking at it from inside a nice cosy warm room that is!

Down here, just more of the same Back and the snow - Page 4 641182 Got the A/C on HEAT for crying out loud!

I am beginning to think I'll sue whoever called this the Costa del Sol Mad

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikebrown.me
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:04 am

I've just been looking at the BBC news website...

Lots of problems in the UK. People stuck on trains and in cars, roads closed, people stranded and cut off....

I hope everyone is okay. pale
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 am

I'm tempting fate here but central Lndon at present seems an island in a sea of chaos. Very light snow, light traffic and the buses running - they were taken off the road in January. But commuter trains are stuck in Surrey, the M25 is blocked.and the head of highways says they may have wasted the first 60 tonnes of grit because they prepared for the worst, did the spreading, and it didn't happen here as expected. He says they got enough to see us through....
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 am

Good to hear your hibernation in Islington is going well. They will not run out of gritt where I am in Brittany, as I have never seen any on the roads.
It was -4.5 last night and there threatening snow for tomorrow, so supplies all in and freezer well stocked Back and the snow - Page 4 166561
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Back and the snow   Back and the snow - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 am

French Chuffed wrote:
so supplies all in and freezer well stocked Back and the snow - Page 4 166561
Turn the freezer off, chuck all the food oustide, save the money for a sunny holiday.Back and the snow - Page 4 416766

We woke up this morning to find ourselves in Siberia.

Back and the snow - Page 4 Snowde10

No work for me to today, I'm not driving all the slippery way to Evreux (40 kms) for 80€ to teach English.

It is pretty difficult just getting out the house along our lane. I took my daughter to school at 30kms max speed.

Back and the snow - Page 4 Snowde11

...... and it's still snowing...... like it's 1963.