Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spanish Steam Photos

Go down 
+5
Sparkeswood
Carl Hibbs
pjti
clive_t
David Grantham
9 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

Spanish Steam Photos Empty
PostSubject: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:58 am

Just found this

http://john743.fotopic.net/

David
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:59 am

A very interesting set of photos David. I wonder why people felt sufficiently motivated to vote them such low scores! scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks David, thats a gem. It was very interesting to see the colours, some excellent shots even though he keeps apologising re: no sun, clouds, rain etc etc. Also the comments, these chaps must of written down just about everything, which is just as well because it makes it all the more interesting.

Do you know of the books he mentions " ????? Sierra" and " last steam trains of SPain and portugal" .

Lastly and totally off topic , which would you go to ? Notts MRC exhibition or the Warwick one. Both are the same weekend and I will be in UK and my babe is at Notts Uni so will be visiting her.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Yes, I agree Patrick, fabulous photos and historical record and unusually in colour.

I purchased "Steam in the Sierra" last year for about £30. These are quite rare but can be obtained on the web. It is not a great book, few photos and historically incomplete but it was the first English book, I think, that "discovered" the wonders of Spanish railways. It is, I think, worth the investment because there is so little else available.

The other book, "Last locos", I had no knowledge of until 60 minutes ago and I have just ordered it from Amazon. Will let you know when I get it. There are quite a few 2nd hand copies available for about £17.

I have never attended the Notts show but it includes all the smaller gauges. I often go to the Warwick Large Scale show because I am not that keen on electric/plastic models and this is primarily steam/metal based. Also it is good for picking up tools and bits like 10 ba hex head screws. There will probably be about 6 layouts at Warwick so I guess it depends on your preference seeing some large stuff or even more volume in the smaller scales.

If you chose Warwick I could offer you a lift on the Sunday or maybe even Saturday if I can make it. Alternatively I could meet you at the show.

David
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Great link David.

Some interesting prototypes. It even says one railway used Corpet Louvet tanks.

Spanish railways have a great deal of diverse models and a lot to offer.

Shame no manufacturer has the bottle to produce anything.
Back to top Go down
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Excellent

I absolutely love this.What a wonderful machine.
It's Ivor The engine Very Happy

Spanish Steam Photos Ivor1

I can feel a cunning plan coming on...... Wink
Back to top Go down
Olot

Olot

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 pm

David Grantham, thank you very much for this interesting link. I have spent|passed a very pleasant while seeing these photos. Especially I have liked the photos related to the train of Olot, my favorite one, very much.

David Grantham, un grand merci pour cet intéressant link. Je viens de passer un moment très agréable en voyant ces photos. Spécialement elles m'ont bien plu les photos au sujet du tren d'Olot, mon préféré.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:08 pm

clive_t wrote:
A very interesting set of photos David. I wonder why people felt sufficiently motivated to vote them such low scores! scratch

Some cracking little locos there - I have scored accordingly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Olot

Olot

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Some books about the narrow gauge in Spain:
Quelques livres au sujet de la voie étroite en Espagne:

-LOCOMOTIVES & RAILCARS OF THE SPANISH NARROW GAUGE - Industrial Railway Society (B Runary) by J Morley i P G Spencer

-NARROW GAUGE RAILWAYS OF SPAIN 1
-NARROW GAUGE RAILWAYS OF SPAIN 2 - Platerway Press by D. Trevor Rowe

-NARROW GAUGE RAILS THROUGH THE CORDILLERA - Semaphore Press by Dr Mike Bent

-INDUSTRIAL LOCOMOTIVES AND RAIWAYS OF SPAIN AND PORTUGAL - Industrial Railway Society by R S Fraser

-VIA ESTRECHA EN ESPAÑA - Maf by Manuel Alvarez Fernandez

-CARRILETS DE ESPAÑA Y PORTUGAL I
-CARRILETS DE ESPAÑA Y PORTUGAL II - J M Casademont by Manolo Maristany

-La Construccion de LOCOMOTORAS DE VAPOR en España - Trea by Fernando F Sanz

TRENES I TRANVIAS DEL SUR DE ESPAÑA - Trea by Jeremy Wiseman

TRENES I TRANVIAS EN EL ESTE DE ESPAÑA - Trea by Jeremy Wiseman

There is also an extensive collection about the narrow gauge in Catalonia, with twenty volumes, publishing company Terminus by Carles Salmeron
Il y a aussi une large collection au sujet de la voie étroite en Catalogne, en une vingtaine de volumes, publiés par Terminus par Carles Salmeron

and monographs
et des monographies

LAS GARRAT EN ESPAÑA - Maf by Manuel Alvarez Fernandez

LAS MALLET EN ESPAÑA - Maf by Manuel Alvarez Fernandez

likewise there is a long list of monographs about concrete lines of narrow gauge Spaniards, who I do not detail here to be too extensive-
il y a aussi une longue liste de monographies concernantes aux lignes à voie étroite espagnoles, mais je ne la détaille pas ici pour être trop longue.

Probably all these titles are exhausted, but sometimes They can be in the net
Probablement tous ces titres sont épuisés, mais parfois on les trouve sur le net.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:38 am

Amadeu,

Thanks for the bibliography. There are a couple of books that I do not possess and I will look out for them on the internet.
I expect a new book soon by Dr Mike Bent on the FC Ponferrada Villablino.
Best wishes,

Merci pour la bibliographie. Il y a deux ou trois livres que je ne possède pas et je regarderai dehors pour eux sur l'Internet. J'attends un nouveau livre bientôt par Dr. Mike Bent sur le FC Ponferrada Villablino.
Les meilleurs voeux,

David
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 am

There is a selection of books available here, some look interesting but they all seem a bit expensive and may be worth looking for s/h . Although one or two tempt me for next time I am in Madrid.

Museo de Ferrocarill Museo De Ferrocarrill
Back to top Go down
Olot

Olot

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Effectively the books of this type are expensive in Spain.
Vraiment les livres de ce type dons chers en Espagne.

About the Railway of Ponferrada in Villablino there is already an edition that is very detailed:
Concernant au CF de Ponferrada à Villablino il existe déjà une édition très détaillée:

EL FC DE PONFERRADA A VILLABLINO Y MINERIA EN EL BIERZO - Lluis Prieto
by M Alvarez Fdez, Mike Bent, Daniel Perez and Lluis Prieto
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Great, did not realise the Mike Bent book is already available.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:20 am

Its listed on screen 7 in Patricks museum link (above). A mate of mine was eyeing up ponferrada as a retirement option, and wasn't expecting to find a railway museum. Anyway, thats his birthday present sorted !
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:33 pm

The museum is pretty impressive but additionally I think there are still quite a number of scrapped PV steam locos stored just beyond Mcdonalds, alongside the RENFE tracks.

Cant be many places in the world where you could still see that ?
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:10 am

On the forum VML someone registered and post he's blog.

There's some picture of a meter gauge line in spain (mining line) in the 80'.

Could be interesting.

http://www.locotram.be/

Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Youtube video of remaining locos still at Ponferrada after 25 years or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evi5UUutz7o

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Olot

Olot

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 pm

truly sad show Shocked
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:17 am

One for OLOT - 2:55 into 3:45 watch closely now. 

Una para OLOT - a dos minuts cinquentcinco seconds, mira atentamente.

Pour OLOT - regardez a 2:55 minute

one for OLOT
Back to top Go down
Olot

Olot

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:30 am

It|He|She is the same plaque|plate that there is to|in my avatar.

It is a matter of the locomotive restored of the railway of Olot in Girona. As sees in the video, this locomotive was restored and starting.

In that moment they put|made this plaque|plate to him|her, initially in color red.

When I photographed it|her, it|she was painted in green.

The video is brilliant.

C'est la même plaque qu'il ya dans mon avatar.

Il s'agit de la locomotive récupéré du chemin de fer de Olot à Girona. Tel qu'on voit sur la vidéo, cette locomotive fût restaurée et remise en marche.

C'est dans ce moment qu'on lui a ajouté la plaque, en origine en couler rouge.

Quand je l'ai photographié elle était peinte en vert.

La vidéo est géniale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Steam Photos   Spanish Steam Photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Spanish Steam Photos
Page 1 of 1