Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A diary of Tramway Demiel

Go down 
+16
Clarkmeggs
tram47
KleineDicke
philkelly
fm12
pjti
Bearcastle
GWhizz
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
French Chuffed
micheline
markbiff
Admin
clive_t
mikeyh
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
clive_t

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 am

mikeyh wrote:
After checking the romany camp the Gendarme is being distracted by the girl while the illegals hide in the vans (nothing changes does it?)

mikey

Mikey, am I ok to use this pic on my Who's Who page, please? Usual photo credits given etc honest!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:29 am

Goes without saying Clive! BTW I'm just contemplating a postcard of 1910 Pompiers with their shiny metal helmets. now theres a challenge!! Very Happy

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:10 pm

mikeyh wrote:
Goes without saying Clive! BTW I'm just contemplating a postcard of 1910 Pompiers with their shiny metal helmets. now theres a challenge!! Very Happy

Mikey

OOooooo, shiiiney.... Cool Let's see the postcard then!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:09 pm

http://www.cartespostalesanciennesperigord.over-blog.com/categorie-697314.html -

Cant post it clive (right click disabled), but the above should take you to it. He gets on my nerves ,the guy who runs this. all the pics are in the public domain but he stops any one downloading them (unless anyone knows a different way? Wink

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Just do a google image search ( http://images.google.com ) for the phrase

excideuil et ses braves pompiers carte postale ancienne

then click on 'See full size image' to show just the image, and do what you want with it! As I have done Cool

Edit: If you just use the search term pompiers carte postale ancienne you get quite a few others as well!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Thats exactly what i always do clive but when you do that with this one it takes you to the site and you cant save image or anything.If you save the image without opening you just save a 3-6k image (too small)

mike
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Strange, it works for me - the end result is about 18K in size?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 am

Although we got away lightly in the big storm, it amazes me that the same wind that brought down two large branches from a walnut tree (now cut up and stored in woodshed) only caused this to the railway;

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel319

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel320

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel321

All things that needed re-doing anyway!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 am

Your buildings were obviously well constructed Mikey, looks a bit like the aftermath of a small earthquake. I didn’t risk it with my plastic buildings; I suspect they are fare more fragile.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:01 pm

I like the dock scene by the canal Mikey - is the track to be powered for a little light shunting ?
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Its actually the paper mill Paul but most of the buildings have been taken in. Its old Faller track and i've made some wagons that are pushed by the workers. Carl posted a very interesting 'Decauville' track in a papermill in Paris sometime ago.

mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Well after deciding to re-livery the rolling stock i've made a start with the two carriages. i personally think that this colour looks more true to 1910 than the green. just got the lettering and weathering to do now;

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel322

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel323

Mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 am

The wood has been weathered,darkened, bleached. They'll do for now. Still got to do the lettering. Cant quite work out how best to do that. Dont want to use decals.

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel325

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel326

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 am

Nice pics Mikey, and a very effective paint job.

As for lettering, I guess you could hand-paint them, or what about using a stencil that has the letters you want at the right size and font?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 am

Deffo hand-paint but being lefthanded aint easy sometimes!! I might try and download a font, cut out the letters and then pencil it on the back, similar to doing a brass rubbing!

mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

After a couple of days in the workshop, the rolling stock has been re-liveried and re-badged and is now back in service. Heres the first passenger train of the day;

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel327

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel328

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel329

Mikey
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:43 pm

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 833270 A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 972523
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Very nice, Mikey. Can we have a closer picture of the lettering?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

I'll do a close-up tomorrow Clive (but i'm not too confident it will look good!) I printed the letters T.D and the tares on Word, cut them out and flooded them, when in place, with superglue which plastifies the paper. I like to think of it as looking at a Picasso; looks great from a distance!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:22 pm

Fully understand Mikey. I was just trying to get a better feel for the results you achieved and the technique you used. As you say, with the "3 metre rule" applied, it looks great!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 am

Track is looking good Mike !

Has mounting it on the raised boards sorted out the derailment problems ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:51 am

Seems to have done Brian. The land is fairly level lengthwise but there was a 10cm difference across the track, which combined with R1 bends at each end, led to the problems. OK now but havent tested with live steam yet!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:37 pm

This is the last bit of track that is giving a problem. Its where the metal track (made from T-profile garden piquets) comes from the steam up area and joins the main line via a turntable. I made the turntable and now realise that its a centimetre higher than the track!. Its going to centrally pivot on the raised wood trackbed. Question is; Do I make a new one on a circle of wood a bit thinner (same thickness as a sleeper), or do I route out the wood between the ends of the track. Its all going to be manual and will only be used for live steam. Oh and the ground will be built up under it.

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel330

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel331

Mikey
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Mikey: couldn't you just cheat and raise the track gradually along the length of your main line so that it's 1cm higher at the turntable? Surely easier than intensive woodworking or remaking what looks like a nice neat turntable. Very Happy

Phil
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Idea ....or cut/rout 1 cm out of the wood plank so the turntable drops down.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:00 pm

the sunday service autorail arrives at the papermill halt to transport the workers home for a well-earned glass of vin rouge (or Pastis or whiskey!)

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel338

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Demiel337

mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

A diary of Tramway Demiel
Page 9 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next