Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RailExpo 2011

Go down 
+7
KleineDicke
antonr91
Bearcastle
GWhizz
David Grantham
Paulus
Carl Hibbs
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
antonr91

RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm

could anyone give me a link to this hotel and or hotels that are close to the expo (walking distance) Very Happy

And Liam, are you bringing your loco with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=599011689
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:44 am

Anton,

As per previous post:

There are many hotels nearby, at least a dozen.

The best thing for you to do is to go on:

www.viamichelin.fr
type in 91140 Villebon-sur-Yvette where it says 'carte'.

This will give you a map of the area.

On the left there is a box for hotels. Put the dates and number of people and it will give you a huge list of hotels ranging from about 40 euros per room per night.

However as you are with your parents and coming by train you might be better off staying near Massy 91300 where there are direct trains to Paris and a free shuttle bus to the exhibition.
Again a big selection of hotels ranging from 41 euros per night at the Kyriad which is about 5-10 mins walk from the station to the Mercure at over 100 euros per night but just outside.

The nearest hotels to the venue are the Première Classe and Campanile at Villejust not Villebon (which is on the northern side of the motorway).
These are about 15 minutess walk I reckon to the Grand Dôme venue.
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Carl, thanks for that i will take a look this weekend.

Now to the exciting part, the leaflet/brochure...

THIS PART GOES FOR ANYONE WHOSE BRINGING A LOCO AND WOULD LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN THE BROCHURE.....

1) Can i have a list of the loco's

2) Can i have what type (diesel, steam, electric)

3) Who the owner/or who created it

4) could i be emailed some pictures of each loco which will be used in the brochure.

Carl, i remember seeing that you had made a CGT logo, i would like to use this on the front of the brochure, as it would be nice for everyone to see that we are all part of the same forum Smile

Please let me know details...
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Anton

Either

Spanish BoBo freelance Centre Cab 750mm gauge - Part built Battery and Internal Combustion Diesel Electric - 32mm 12-24v motor generator, 4 stroke nitro engine, spur gear drive, scratch built David Grantham.

Or

Spanish 750mm freelance 2-8-0 (140) freight tender steam locomotive from the fictitious FC Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - 32mm gauge, gas fired, 2.4meg radio, brass with steel chassis, designed and scrath built David Grantham.

I will bring the diesel as long as I have a running chassis, the body would be a bonus. If not I will bring the steam loco. There are many photographs of the steam loco in the Garden Railways section under FC Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga and also a picture of the very partly built diesel
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Well done Anton for taking taking this on. I have just got back from work but I will have a look later and send you some useful info and details including logos etc. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Not enough progress on the live diesal Anton, so I wont take it with me.

Maybe some pictures?

Have chassis parts for a 'Guinness' loco, if I get it assembled I may take that.

Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:28 am

Carl, i cant promise anything very good, so it will most probably be very basic but better then nothing Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:46 am

antonr91 wrote:
Carl, i cant promise anything very good, so it will most probably be very basic but better then nothing Smile

Don't be so depracating....I'm sure it will great but I don't expect you to do everything.

Just put into words and pictures the principals of live diesel in G (garden) scale.

I'm still busy but I will send you stuff when free.
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Well this is what i have made so far with the information i have been given

COMMENTS PLEASE!

The front and back

RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 Antons10

The inside

RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 Antons11
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Very striking, eye-catching design, very good effort.

The only thing i would point out is the web address for the site - I thought it was www.cgtrains.com ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks clive

Ahh, okay well ill get that changed. It was only a snapshot of what i have done so far, much more is going to be added, such as a back cover, CGT logo and other members who will be bringing any sort of loco and wishes to be part of the brochure Smile

I know both the images are a little big if we are going to have to accommodative more people and there locos. but not many people have responded to this and given me information, so ive only added what David has giev me so far. Are you going to be coming to the expo? Smile
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Sadly no, i have other commitments these days, but having attended one a couple of years ago, i can vouch for the very generous welcome and excellent arrangements.

I'm sure all involved will have a great time. Some photos of the event will of course be very welcome by the rest of us Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 pm

I think the portal is on this adress :

https://continental-garden-t.forumotion.com/

The thing is if you google CGT you end up on link about an union called "CGT", the major one in the SNCF.

But if you google "continental garden train", no trouble finding our favorite forum Cool
You're on top of the list.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Well...I just think that's bloody fantastic. king

I didn't expect you to produce anything so quickly and so professionally.

There are as always a few suggestions but I can't improve on what you've done.

One picture per page as you have started is enough bearing in mind it will need a French translation of the text underneath your English text.

We can't have everyone's loco and I'm not too bothered about mine as they'll see them in the flesh.

Maybe Liam's, Dave dtsteam's and Troy's could feature.

What sort of size/format is this Anton?

It looks like an A4 sheet printed both sides and folded in 3 .......?
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Well done guys! Looking good Anton Laughing

Just hoping I'll be able to get there, it all depends on house, dog and horse minders being available!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 pm

This one is hopefully on my list too.I hope to come over with a friend,stay over and return the next day.
To be discussed next weekend for the details.
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:56 am

Okay, so now that everyone is aware of the brochure (i hope) could i at least have a short list of names please.

Clive, im sure there will be many, many photos and definitely a few videos of al the diesels together Very Happy thats my goal for this Smile

I will get the website link changed

Carl, i have actually planned on having 2 pictures per page, as i think it would be nice to get at least 6 locomotives on the brochure, and as the brochure is A4, it should be okay. I really wanted at least one of your diesels to be on there Very Happy, are you bringing your latest development? (french one)?

Yes it is simply an A4 paper folded in 3 parts...

Brian, Troy and Liam, let me know if you wish to be added to this and if so, the loco's (if any) that you are bringing with please Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am

Anton...I see you're getting enthusiastic over this. Laughing

I will be bringing all 3 diesels including the latest Brissonneau blue and grey thing.

If you put 2 pics on the page that won't leave much room for a French translation.

....But don't worry, go ahead and do a nice English only leaflet and I will do a separate French translation in black and white on another simple piece of paper. That will make things easier and better.

Now.....we need a friendly printer who would kindly print off about 1000 copies.... cheers

Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:02 am

Yes Carl, im actually really enjoying doing this Smile

I was going to ask you to do the French translation as i wouldnt know how to do it Embarassed

Do you think that there would be many people who speak English there? as if not, is there much point in doing an English version?

Wow, 1000 copies, does it get that busy? Shocked Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:56 am

A lot of people do speak English but if they don't I will sign them up for lessons at 30€ an hour. Exclamation

I think an English version is most imortant...because we are English and English is the global language of transportation....You should know that as all pilots must be fluent no matter which country they come from or however small the plane they fly.

And yes it does get very busy. About 10,000 visitors over the 3 days last year.

This leaflet will be a lasting and memorable souvenir of their ecounter with CGTrains Surprised ....

Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:31 am

Well done Anton, looking good.

I see you can get caps with CGT printed on for about £3 or so.
Not sure that I am in favour but open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:37 am

Okay Carl, well yes im not sure what to do about the printing of these yet, but ill continue making the brochure.

I am aware tha throughout the aviation and travel industry, English is the universal language and therefore i feel privalaged, as there are many people on my course who struggle with English as they have come from other countries. Cool

Thanks Davd, i cant see myself wearing a cap to be honist, as it will mes up my hair afro, but a T-shirt if you could find them cheap, would be nice Smile

David, ive just noticed that theres a repeat on the brochure, so i will change that. Not sure if you can see what ive written very clearly, but i just added in what you gave me.
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Anton, will post a few pics of progress so far,

if you think they are worth including, great!

let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Great looking leaflet!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 pm

They have recently published details of exhibitors and a plan.

Visit the main website.

www.railexpo.fr.

We are located as an orange oval in the foyer marked as 'TDS C.Hibbs'
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Looks like a pretty big deal. I wish we had a similar expo in Houston. Maybe I should make another trip in November.... AirFrance is having a sale. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RailExpo 2011
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next