Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RailExpo 2011

Go down 
+7
KleineDicke
antonr91
Bearcastle
GWhizz
David Grantham
Paulus
Carl Hibbs
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Looks like a pretty big deal. I wish we had a similar expo in Houston. Maybe I should make another trip in November.... AirFrance is having a sale. Wink
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:17 am

Carl, i am staying in the Premier Classe, which i hope is fairly close to the exhibition.

Could everyone post info that they want included in the leaflet as i am going to try and finish it this weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=599011689
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 am

Are you staying at the Premiere Classe, Avenue des 2 lacs, ZA Courteboeuf, Villejust?

I believe Liam is staying there too.

That's about 15-20 mins walk I reckon from the exhibition.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Quote :

Could everyone post info that they want included in the leaflet as i am going to try and finish it this weekend.

I assume that only counts for the live diesel models? On October 6 you asked for details on diesel, steam, electric models but the leaflet looks specified to live diesel. Or are there 3 different leaflets and was the live-diesel one just an example?
Dont' get me wrong; if there is only one leaflet and whole about live diesel than that's just OK (I mean live diesel is less common than battery powered electric).
I was only just wondering if I had to post some pictures and info or not. Wink

Quote :
They have recently published details of exhibitors and a plan.
The plan and site promise a lot of interesting displays and stands. It's a whole bunch of suppliers (small) fabricants and brands that are not commonly seen on similar events here in my rainy country (were H0-out-of-the-box-ready-build-1000-in-a-jar rules the market and even than 90% Marklin).
So, I'm really looking forward to see all that 'new' stuff what I mostly only see online!!!!

Quote :
Maybe I should make another trip in November.... AirFrance is having a sale.
That would be great Bill!! But again a very long way to play with trains Smile

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:48 pm

The leaflet is primarily about live diesel because it is such a novelty (especially in France) but with a comparative reference to live steam.

No electric or battery, not because it's unpopular but it is generally well known and needs little explanation.

You will find some very interesting and unusual stands. There is a lot of expensive O gauge (called 'zero' here) but also a fantastic range of HO and HOm from small artisans.
G scale (IIm) is still something of niche market.

Anton I've done a small separate French explanation.

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
The leaflet is primarily about live diesel because it is such a novelty (especially in France) but with a comparative reference to live steam.
No electric or battery, not because it's unpopular but it is generally well known and needs little explanation.

OK, no problem! rabbit
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 am

Yes Carl, thats the place im staying Smile

Who did you think would have wanted to be in the leaflet?

Paulus, Well i had planned for 6 locomotives to be put onto the leaflet, and so far i have 2 on there. I will also add one of Carl, im debating whether it should be the monster on the french loco?

but that only gives me 3. I have asked people to say if they want to be on there, plus give me details on what im including but very few have got back to me...

So i say that it would look a much better leaflet if it was filled up with any sorts of locos, as opposed to being half full, but just with steam and diesel?

I plan to complete it very soon, as im starting to get very busy with work and stuff,

Post a picture or two and give some information about the loco, and if theres room, i will include it.

Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 am

HI Anton, I'll post a few pics of my diesel progress this evening.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Anton, I will send you some stuff asap after the weekend. It's a bit manic here at the moment with the exhibition going on and visitors from afar coming. Laughing

I am making enquiries about printing too.

Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 am

The Latest.....

RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 Anton_10

Carl, i have added two photos of your locos, but if there is a real interest in this brochure and more people want to be added to it, then i will remove one of them. But they both deserve a place Wink

Also i needs the CGT logo please!

Liam, please please please send me your info and photos Very Happy

And can anyone else who is coming either post something or PM me ASAP, as i am running out of time i have to spend on this... Smile
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Anton, will post some pics and description tomorrow,if the rain here ever stops!!
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:11 pm

[img:4d8a]http://i1234.photobucket.cRailExpo 2011 - Page 4 Livedieseloct001om/albums/ff403/dufrok/livedieseloct010.jpg[/img:4d8a]

Anton, progress of the diesel so far.

I dont have it running as yet but the pics should give an idea of what its supposed to do.

Kyosho GX 12 and Torpedo 850 with home made coupling.

I'm going to maybe raise the engine/generator bed to fit the battery an some electrics

underneath. Comments on this idea would be appreciated!

Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Liam

one thing i would say to you is that you have just bolted the MFA straight to the wood, without any kind of vibration & movement absorption in between. I have used a mouse matt in between mine which allows for slight misalignment and also take some vibration away. Ide recommend trying something, as youl find that you can very easily snap the engine shaft (as i have done).

Just a thought tho... Smile

Are you bringing it to the expo then, or are you taking a different loco?
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks Anton, never thought of that.

I wont be taking this one to Expo but will take the chassis of the Guinness loco

if I have it assembled by then.
Back to top Go down
antonr91

antonr91

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Without trying to sounds stupid, what a Guinness loco?

To be honest then, theres not much point in me adding this loco to the brochure as it wont be there, especially as there are other people who want to bring locos and im sure wanted to be in the brochure.

I know Paulus wanted to...

But send me photos of this other loco as that can be included if it comes Smile

I AM NOW STARTING TO SEE THAT THERE ARE FAR MORE LOCOS THEN THERE ARE PAGES IN THIS LEAFLET. IM WONDERING IF IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL TO ADD ANOTHER PAGE?

although it will make printing a nightmare...

Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Sorry Anton, call me stupid I didnt realise that was the idea Embarassed

you are quite right leaving space for locos that will be at Expo.

So I will bow out from the brochure.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: RailExpo 2011   RailExpo 2011 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:37 am

Anton, I just read your reply on probable empty space in the brochure / posting pictures.

Well, if still on time and if you have indeed some spare room in the brochure than these 2 (or one of them) could be placed:

Freelance railbus (in progress).