Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regner availability

Go down 
+9
David Grantham
mikeyh
philkelly
fm12
Admin
Paul Stainz Holt
Bearcastle
GWhizz
Carl Hibbs
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Regner availability Empty
PostSubject: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Regner have gone back to displaying and adverstising what products they have in stock.

Regner availability

The key is: green = in stock and available, yellow = out of stock but available soon, red = not yet in production, pre-orders taken.

I wish he wouldn't do that....It's so tempting!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:40 pm

What do Bausatz and Montiert mean??
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Mh6 still available ??? I thought they were pre sold out .... which is why I pre ordered two (one of each). Evil or Very Mad

Bausatz = Kit

Montiert = Ready Built
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Yes, I was surprised at that.
Don't know why unless he made more than he realised.
He does sometimes make more parts. For instance if he makes a run of 100 kits of something they will over-run the parts production to be sure of 100 good parts/kits and then sometimes they have enough left over to cobble together a few extra kits.

He also shows the Chiemsee lok being available when it was discontinued six months or so ago.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:06 am

yes, but no price Sad
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 am

You need to use the online interactive catalogue for prices Laurent.

Regner catalogue
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 am

Some are not on the catalogue, i send a mail in english.
I think they could have more client worlwide if they had an english version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:57 am

Quote :
I think they could have more clients worldwide if they had an English version

Champex-Linden also guilty.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 8:32 am

They (Regner at least) don't seem to need English clients.
They have never really aimed anything substantial at the 'English' market. OK there is 'Chaloner' and 'Victoria' but they are just simple little tramway engines.

There are people there that speak perfect English too so there is no reason for not producing text in English. Occasionally there is something but it's more of a tease than anything else.

Same with Ralph Reppingen. He said he has enough work in mainland Europe without the complications of dealing in other currencies and other languages.....!!!

Conversely Lorenz Schug at Accucraft.de goes out of his way and has quite a big international market.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 7:29 pm

I send a mail asking for the price and more details (kit or ready to steam), but no answer yet Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:58 pm

At the Telford Narrow Gauge Show of three weeks ago, I was talking to the UK importer of Regner models/kits
(Martin of Martin's Models).

He reckoned he could get me a live steam Stainz as a kit or as a built lok..........I'm tempted with my 50th closing in on me.........

Did someone say that the burner on this lok was a little too efficient, thereby making the steam time relatively short before a refilll was required - water and or gas ?
Can they haul up gradients ?
(if, that's a big if, I was to get one, I would go for 2.4 Ghz r/c)

Expert advice gratefully received..........
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:31 pm

It was me who said all of those things.

A nice photo to start with.

Regner availability Stainz10

This belongs to my friend Daniel Benet who built it from kit. He had a little trouble getting the valve gear right but was fine after a couple of attempts.

This is essentially a very similar machine to my Chiemseebahn of which there was some recent film on you tube.

And agreeing with Daniel the machines are mechanically virtually identical.

It's getting a bit late here now and so I will write some detailed information tomorrow when the côtes du rhône has worn off. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 pm

I send a mail to them about the one available, especially the chiemsee lok, never got an answer.

I just wanted to know if it was the lok and at what price, going to aks again.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Bearcastle wrote:
I send a mail to them about the one available, especially the chiemsee lok, never got an answer.

I just wanted to know if it was the lok and at what price, going to aks again.

I never get replies, but that's because I use English! (I guess you did too Laurent?) I think you have to use German to get anywhere, he's very territorial, refuses to put up English pages on the web and there's no online ordering facility.

The product must be good because despite all that he seems to be overloaded with international business!

Unfortunately the UK distributor Martins marks up over 20% so we're a bit stuck at the mo though I'd dearly like a Lumberjack kit!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:30 pm

More Regner Stainz/Chiemsee info as promised but not really good news.

According to Regner's catalogue the Stainz is no longer in production.
He is however continuing with the Chiemseebahn for a limited period I would guess as this was announced as discontinued.

It would be worth writing to him to confirm what's happening....and play his game. He advises for English translation of instructions to copy and paste into an online translator.
So do the same. Write in English and copy and paste into an online translator to German.
As he says it's not perfect but it will be ok!!!

The Regner catalogue prices do not include vat so that may be why Martin's seem to be charging 20% more.

There is some scepticism about Martin's build quality at the moment. See posts about the the Mh6 thing.

I would recommend getting Regner to part built the kit i.e. the chassis and you do the relatively easier rest.

Preise für die reine Montage:

Zylindermontage
Stainz, Chiemsee etc. 88,-€

Fahrwerksmontage
(inkl. Zylinder)
Stainz, Chiemsee etc. 175,-€

Regner availability

These little locomotives are not fantastically powerful as they don't produce enough prolonged steam.
The boilers are relatively small with cross tubing and the burners ferociously efficient.
However with regular and necessary top up during a run they are superb, smooth, sewing-machine like runners.
They have proper cylinder drain cocks and can be fitted with lots of steam accessories, brakes, whisle, pumps etc.
The make Roundhouse look very primitive and for similar price.

It's a pity you weren't nearer then you could try out my machine before you think about buying one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks Carl. Smile

I have written in German to suppliers in the past when I have bought LGB form Germany and Austria (Using an online translator, although I speak a little German).

The prototype only ever hauled three wagons, but I would like it to haul said three wagons up my gradients.
I will have to see if there is anyone in the UK who might consider running theirs here at my layout.

Bruce ran his Camusterrach Pier (Pearse "Europa" 0-6-0) on my layout - it dealt with the gradients and 5 four wheel wagons well, but that may not be an indication that a Regner Stainz will cope equally - unless someone has seen both perform on the same layout elsewhere.

I was considering having the whole loco built for me - the jury is out on that, I do like building kits.

I shall investigate further.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:31 pm

I found this video clip (again) of a Regner Stainz.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxQv7TcEIH0&NR=1

The layout it is on has gradients and R1 curves Smile
No sound on the clip though.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Bruce brought his Pearse steam loco over to my layout yesterday for a running session.

He very kindly let me control it for about ten minutes just before the gas ran out. Very Happy

Regner availability 30080924
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Now that I have had time to reflect on running Pier, the following points are clear :

1. I had to concentrate (quite hard ! Shocked ) on driving the loco - very little of my line is flat.
2. The control stick on the R/C is quite sensitive, little movement made a big difference to the speed of the loco.
3. From start to finish of one gas fill (putting the loco on the track to putting it away after it had cooled) took well over an hour.
4. The loco ran for about 25 - 30 minutes on one gas fill.
5. There wasn't much steam oil on the track.

Did I enjoy it ?

Yes.

Regner availability 30080925
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Nice looking loco and its black.Hooked on live steam Paul?

Van
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 pm

fm12 wrote:

Van

Yes Van, but not to the extent where I would sell my LGB locos..........
I really really want a Regner Stainz, but they aren't made anymore......... No
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 pm

I`ve been browsing German ebay lately, I`ll give you a nod and wink when one is listed.

Van wishing he had some track laid.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:02 pm

paul stainz holt wrote:
fm12 wrote:

Van

Yes Van, but not to the extent where I would sell my LGB locos..........
I really really want a Regner Stainz, but they aren't made anymore......... No

I will make some enquiries next weekend to see if anyone this side feels like parting with one. Very Happy

The Pearse Europa is a fine simplified model of a Henschel type.
My little experience with one was very enjoyable but they are well renown.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Is the Stainz really out of production Carl? Or is it just UK availability!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 pm

According to Regner's website and catalogue it is out of production.

BUT...The Chiemseebahn was also supposed to be out of prouction but they are still available.

Regner availability

I'm sure there are some Stainz parts kicking around in Aurach.

I would strongly recommend contacting them (Paul) if you haven't done so and want one.
He actually says that on his website.

I could get your message translated into perfect German (not by me...) no problem if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regner availability   Regner availability Empty

Back to top Go down

Regner availability
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next